20v 1.8T Conversion........423BHP 2019 Updates!

My_Names_Buck

Althou I never managed to get no pictures at UD as my battery died :( I managed to get some the other day while she was still clean, only took on my phone though if the quality isnt the best thats why :s

16032010065.jpg

16032010062.jpg

16032010067.jpg

16032010052.jpg

16032010051.jpg

16032010047.jpg

16032010045.jpg

16032010048.jpg

16032010071.jpg

16032010070.jpg

Hope you like :)

Sam.

Ahhh didn't think it was standard by the way it moved, especially with all that weight in the back :o lol. yea its still on the standard management just really irritating when it does it especially at inconvienent times like racing you :P lol. Nah i didn't notice ya plate but I thought you were local as i've seen you round on a few other occasions. Ah brill that could come in handy then, im currently sorta experimenting with it though because it seems to run loads better on some fuels than others.... I've switched onto shell v-power now as I filled up after UD and touch wood..... It doesn't seem to have done it yet so I'm gonna see how that goes but if i have no joy then I might well take you up on your offer :)

Sam.

crap fuel can cause all sorts of issues.. i'm sure the "super" from the esso in dordon is less than 97 ron. It felt a bit flat the other night when i saw you so i chucked it on the dyno sunday afternoon out of curiosity and it only pulled 210. Hybrid turbo next week hopefully should cure that :lol:

Loved it :D Saw it at the show, Id love that as a sleeper lol bet you have some fun in it!

By far and away the surprise factor is the best bit :D lol!

crap fuel can cause all sorts of issues.. i'm sure the "super" from the esso in dordon is less than 97 ron. It felt a bit flat the other night when i saw you so i chucked it on the dyno sunday afternoon out of curiosity and it only pulled 210. Hybrid turbo next week hopefully should cure that :lol:

Thats what i'm begining to think, i avoid 95 like the plague as it really is crap nd like u say im not convinced with that esso fuel either bein 97, sometimes even bp ultimate seems a bit suspect on occasions lol, Shell all the way im thinking!! :D cost £1.29 a litre the other day thou!! :o

ah ha that should be much more fun, i think a rematch might be in order there :shades: I do keep getting tempted by a garret GT28 :P just askin for trouble thou lol.

Sam.

• 3 weeks later...

mmmmm..... broke another engine mounting again last night :(

part of the bolt has sheered off with the nut still attached on the drivers side. second time this has happened on this side now, engine just wants to escape :P lol! Apparently VF Engineering don't make an uprated mount for this one either :( soo its gonna just have to be another oem part for the time being. I'm gonna try and look round to see if i can't get something custom made fabricated, preferably with a thicker bolt i think!! unless anyone else has got any ideass??

10042010148.jpg

Sam.

I read a while back in PVW about a company who made stiffer mounts for all 1.8T engines I will try and dig it out, I don't know wether be much use to you but last posted reminded me of it!

ahhh that sounds brill mate, if you could would be wickid as it just really isn't upto the job the standard mount on that side. defo worth a shot by the sounds of it thou :) thank you.

mmmm.... need more power.... :s

I know that feeling too well buddy.

It just never feels enough does it? After your used to it, it start not feeling as fast.

Have you thought about a water methanol kit like im going to use on mine?

John

ahhh that sounds brill mate, if you could would be wickid as it just really isn't upto the job the standard mount on that side. defo worth a shot by the sounds of it thou :) thank you.

http://www.034motorsport.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=density&x=37&y=10&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1&manufacturers_id=&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=&dto=

Had these mounts on my S2 bloody brillant, will lock your engine in place no probs.. might have some vibration depend on what hardeness you pick but its not nasty even on th track densitys..

Edited by redz

I know that feeling too well buddy.

It just never feels enough does it? After your used to it, it start not feeling as fast.

Have you thought about a water methanol kit like im going to use on mine?

John

Its true, it just never feels enough, like u say it doesn't take long for it not to feel fast anymore and you keep on wanting more :s I remember the first time i drove mine with only 210bhp and i almost **** myself with the speed lol.

mmm.... never seen one of those before, just been having a little nosey at them. were u looking at a specific one, im quite tempted by your idea now :P

http://www.034motorsport.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=density&x=37&y=10&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1&manufacturers_id=&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=&dto=

Had these mounts on my S2 bloody brillant, will lock your engine in place no probs.. might have some vibration depend on what hardeness you pick but its not nasty even on th track densitys..

ahhh brill matey, i'll check them out and see if i can find something to suit :) thakn you very much.

Sam.

Its true, it just never feels enough, like u say it doesn't take long for it not to feel fast anymore and you keep on wanting more :s I remember the first time i drove mine with only 210bhp and i almost **** myself with the speed lol.

mmm.... never seen one of those before, just been having a little nosey at them. were u looking at a specific one, im quite tempted by your idea now :P

Its a good idea, aslong as you have the guys who can map it and set it up right.

Aquamist make the best kit, When the HFS-3 comes out id recommend that. If you want to spend more cash though you can go for the race stystems which are the HFS-5 and HFS-6 kits.

Will be good for a 20bhp extra. Im hoping for that or a little more.

Its a good idea, aslong as you have the guys who can map it and set it up right.

Aquamist make the best kit, When the HFS-3 comes out id recommend that. If you want to spend more cash though you can go for the race stystems which are the HFS-5 and HFS-6 kits.

Will be good for a 20bhp extra. Im hoping for that or a little more.

Just been havin a little nosey at them, any ideas when the HFS-3 kit should be coming out? could well be worth looking into I think, they all look very tidy pieces of kit :) worth the money for 20bhp i guess especially like at my stage with my engine as for any more power really i think i need to be looking at a new turbo.... you looking to get one soonish? I'd love to see the results on yours. Yours is a very impressive bit of kit, pulling some serious power as well from that engine!! B) I like a lot!!

I might give PSI Tuning a bell this week and have a word.

Love this car B)

How's the handling with the 20vt lump in the front mate?

What turbo is on there now? K03?

I know that upgrading to the K03S or K04 is very common in mkiv circles :)

I think they can be picked up quite cheaply?

Love this car B)

How's the handling with the 20vt lump in the front mate?

What turbo is on there now? K03?

I know that upgrading to the K03S or K04 is very common in mkiv circles :)

I think they can be picked up quite cheaply?

Thank you matey :) its actually quite good tbh, I thought it'd end up bein a bit nose heavy but it seems just as good as before really :s best ever handling mod was the rear ARB thou, that eliminated near all understeer! can sometimes get a little bit twitchy under hard braking with all the back stripped out as well but other than that tis gd :)

The engine was outta an S3 so its already got the K04 turbo on it but i've been looking round at upgrading to a GT28, jst findin the money to have the internals done as well really :s

Sweet :)

You done a 1/4 mile run in it yet?

That's cool that you have the K04 turbo!

How much power you got now? I think I remember reading about 230ish?

From what I remember reading (several years ago) the K04 should be good for 300 odd shouldn't it :)? If you're on the hunt for more power B)

I could be talking rubbish here haha but hopefully not :)

Edited by MarkS

Just been havin a little nosey at them, any ideas when the HFS-3 kit should be coming out? could well be worth looking into I think, they all look very tidy pieces of kit :) worth the money for 20bhp i guess especially like at my stage with my engine as for any more power really i think i need to be looking at a new turbo.... you looking to get one soonish? I'd love to see the results on yours. Yours is a very impressive bit of kit, pulling some serious power as well from that engine!! B) I like a lot!!

I might give PSI Tuning a bell this week and have a word.

I would think soon within the next month or two.

I actually have an HFS-3 myself already as i was part of the initial group buy of the first batch from production shades.gif

Fitting it at the moment. Im just working out where to route everything at the moment. Pipes to the engine bay from the boot, trying to go outside the car, and a controller wire to the brain box for the HFS-3 behind the scuttle panel. For you, it would be alot easier.... no interior to fight with lol

Sweet :)

You done a 1/4 mile run in it yet?

That's cool that you have the K04 turbo!

How much power you got now? I think I remember reading about 230ish?

From what I remember reading (several years ago) the K04 should be good for 300 odd shouldn't it :)? If you're on the hunt for more power B)

I could be talking rubbish here haha but hopefully not :)

Yea last year at international, i was runnin bout 270bhp and best time was 13.5 with a 5.6 0-60. This year thou I plan to have some better tyres as my lickle 175 jumhos struggle to get it off the line :s lol!

Look below :)runin 286bhp atm. Yea on the K04 turbo your talkin 300bhp tops really, after then its bigger turbo and internals :)

Hello folks, haven't done an update for a while and haven't been on here for a few weeks either :s My shafts are custom made ones althou i might be right in saying I think you can get away with using a standard vr6?? shaft on the one side but the other still needs to be custom I think.

Recently had the car serviced and had her on the rollers again after a bit more tinkering this was the result

DSC00686.jpg

286 bhp at the fly @ 4875 RPM

234 bhp at the wheels and

315 lbft at approx 4250 RPM

of which both figures are up since its had a bit more mapping and was RR last June :)

Car is in at southam bodies this week for some bodywork to commence as well, finally got round to that althou still no videos :(

Sam.

I would think soon within the next month or two.

I actually have an HFS-3 myself already as i was part of the initial group buy of the first batch from production shades.gif

Fitting it at the moment. Im just working out where to route everything at the moment. Pipes to the engine bay from the boot, trying to go outside the car, and a controller wire to the brain box for the HFS-3 behind the scuttle panel. For you, it would be alot easier.... no interior to fight with lol

Ahhh... i was lookin on their forum and saw sometihng bout a group buy and confused me as that was like in feb wasn't it but couldnt see any for sale anywhere :s now i no why, lol! haha yea i hate playin bout with interior trim, clips and plastic, far easier thou now :P lol. im seriously interested in the idea thou now thanks to you :D lol. I'll keep an eye on ur build thread if u put ur progress up their :)

Sam.

Still searching for an uprated engine mount for the drivers side, if anyone has got any more ideas of where i myt get one.... o yea its off a seat ibiza tdi (2005/06 shape) the mount for that side.

Thanks, Sam.

Hello folks, here are the latest pictures of my car which I managed to snap last night just in my street :) s an omp cage with the door bars and harness bar across the back added in fitted out with willans harnesses. Metal plates were welded to the floor and the cage then bolted in on the floor mountings with it welded onto the rear suspension turrets and of course was painted before hand in black to match the car. I hope you likes it :) any and all comments welcome!

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

Hi there,

What kind of battery did you use in the trunk.

It looks very small?

What is the watts or amps of the battery and were can I buy such a nice battery?

I haven't found such a small one in the netherlands.

And the brakes, did you used the original ones?

Regards

Ron

The Netherlands

Hi there,

What kind of battery did you use in the trunk.

It looks very small?

What is the watts or amps of the battery and were can I buy such a nice battery?

I haven't found such a small one in the netherlands.

And the brakes, did you used the original ones?

Regards

Ron

The Netherlands

Hello to the netherlands! Its an odyssey bike battery, i cant think of the exact one off the top of my head but there is a few sites that sell them HERE is one.

The brakes are 280mm G60 discs on the front, with black diamond discs and pads all round. Its an easy conversion to do and I think they do a good job :)

Absolutely love this car!

Cheers mate

Sam.

• Like 1