20v 1.8T Conversion........423BHP 2019 Updates!

My_Names_Buck

Hello sam, just read the thread start to finish, i must say you have done some awesome work, and have really inspired me :) Cheers

Kieran

Thank you very much, I hope that I have given you some inspiration for big power :) lol

woooow..... pushing 400bhp.... massive project, job well done mate... read this whole thread took ages but well worth it :D hope to see you at edition 38 this year...

keep it up

Matt

Haha thank you for spending the time reading the thread! and yes I will be there as always :)

Sam.

Had a good weekend at UD, here are a few pictures that I took of mine, only taken i Iphone so the quality is pretty poo, it really doesn't get on well with this indoor lighting!

Only got the car back on the Friday finally with a fixed and furthermore uprated driveshaft after snapping one at santa pod last october!!

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

Sam.

Love to see this run at Santa Pod when are you likely to be giving it another blast?

Love to see this run at Santa Pod when are you likely to be giving it another blast?

I shall possibly be at GTI Spring Fest 22nd April :) was hoping to be at GTI international at Bruntingthorpe but unsure on this yet!

• 2 months later...

hi sam cars looking awesome as always i was just wondering what gearbox are you running in yours 02a or 02j ?? and hoping to see you at inters would be interesting to see yours on the strip mine will be on the strip as well

matt

• 1 month later...

hi sam cars looking awesome as always i was just wondering what gearbox are you running in yours 02a or 02j ?? and hoping to see you at inters would be interesting to see yours on the strip mine will be on the strip as well

matt

Gutted about that weekend mate :( Bloody typical I had those three runs in the morning in those damp conditions n was really looking forward to getting out after lunch! You got any Santa Pod plans or anything?

Here are a few pictures from GTI International and a video of one of my runs down the strip, I went on the sunday and only got 3 runs in first thing on the strip which was damp as you can see in the video. I was hoping to get a good few dry runs in in the afternoon but the Seat Leon crash put an end to that :s As such the best I managed on my standard road tyres was a 13.8 quarter and a 5.6 0-60 time. Was hoping to be touching more 13.2's with a decent dry start! Anyway....

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

Sam.

• 2 months later...

Had a good weekend at edition38, here are a few pics of mine and my mates supra!

IMG_2953_zps7905e77f.jpg

IMG_2942_zps2a63740e.jpg

IMG_2955_zpsec09ec8b.jpg

IMG_2949_zpsfd1a46ae.jpg

IMG_2950_zps8ccd7dc4.jpg

IMG_2952_zpsfcfd19ba.jpg

IMG_2958_zps9bb5b9ff.jpg

I also need more power..... seriously looking at uprated intake manifold and a few other bits....

Yes, tip her over the 400 mark do it :twisted:

I know needs to be done was gutted when they said they just couldnt get that extra 7bhp out of her when she was last mapped :( uprated intake is the way forward i think!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

on behalf of a friend: is there any reason why psi didn't use the original BAM engine mounts

Hello sorry for the late reply not been on for a while! Yes the engine is APY not a BAM although I'm unsure of how much the mounts differ between them? but yes I believe the driver side APY mount was not initially used due to the positioning on the chassis ...

• 3 weeks later...

Aquamist HFS-3 water injection system and Mocal oil cooler now fitted. Has helped massively with the high oil temps I was seeing and got some lovely cool intake temps now! Lowered about another 5mm on the front as well sits much nicer now I think. Few pictures from Ultimate Dubs below.

IMG_0262_zps55a87da7.jpg

IMG_0269_zps93931146.jpg

IMG_0293_zps6dc7f84b.jpg

IMG_0295_zpsf49b907a.jpg

IMG_0296_zps67cbe817.jpg

IMG_0298_zps56d21f27.jpg

IMG_0303_zpsc8aadf75.jpg

And one of my favourite cars of the show...

IMG_0294_zpsd42e2965.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been a while since I've been on here, nothing much happened recently. Am currently rebuilding the BBS's at the moment going for 9's on the back with a 2.5 inch lip. Will add some pictures soon.

• 3 months later...
Think I seen your Lupo at psi today but on different wheels looks nice

Haha and it's still there now.... Has been for about 5 months now....

Some work being done including the next phase of power upgrades...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...