20v 1.8T Conversion........423BHP 2019 Updates!

My_Names_Buck

WOW!

Looking at that power curve, it would be well over 400BHP if the rev limit was higher! Not that it would make much difference! LOL

Haha, yea 400bhp would have been a nice round figure i suppose, out of the dyno runs the highest we saw was 398bhp and the lowest 391bhp dependant on conditions but about 393 was the average :)

You never know one day i might make the break lol.

Thank you all fot your comments, much appreciated :)

And i do occasionally frequent coventry ;)

Sam.

Drop me a PM next time you're over here. It'd be good to meet up!

Yea defo pal, ill drop u a line when im next around that way.

...and oh so subtle. I walked past it before I realised what it was at E38 lastyear.

Good work! Stay safe!

That made me chuckle did that 'stay safe'.... are you trying to imply something :D lol.

And thank you!

I should get some pictures up again of the mods soon :)

Sam.

How's it feel knowing you have 7 times my horsepower.....?

Hahaha, that did make me chuckle to myself.... errmmmm....it would seem that im almost trying to compensate for something.... :/ lol

• 4 weeks later...

:o thats unreal acceleration !!! thats awesome

haha thank you, it just pulls and pulls all the way! plus the rev limit was raised slightly when it was last mapped giving about another 5mph top end so i reckon its toppin bout 150mph now.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a good day on sunday at santa pod, day started off well and had a good morning, had awesome weather I thought! was struggling to get power down off the line and was seriously affecting my quarter mile times! best I managed to pull was a 13.1 which is only 0.5 better than I managed with over 100bhp less! So much time was being lost as I was only on my standard tyres, but I think I was getting better getting it off the line every time! I was very happy with my terminal speeds as they were between 113 and 117mph!

A few pictures from before I left to go down there.

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

And..... How the day ended.... :/

Broken driveshaft! :( on my first run in the afternoon I put my R888's on and it got off the line so much better, as I dropped it into second, bang and all drive was lost :(

IMG_1382.jpg

Sam.

that video is bloody awesome

hope the driveshaft is ok

mine went the other day on my gti :( pricey pricey :(

How much did it end up setting you back for your GTI shaft mate? I still not got round to sorting mine out, must get it done this coming week! lol, Yea its all just money money money isnt it!

the only way i could experience acceleration like that if if i slammed mine into a wall from top speed 100-0mph in 0.25s

Hahaha, thats something that I couldnt recommend doing either lol!

393 bhp...jeebus! Love that you've kept the looks reasonably standard. I'd love to do a 1.0, keep the back end standard - complete with 1.0 badge - with Audi stylee front end & TT/S3 engine up front. It's the reverse mullet car - party up front, business in the back :lol:

great job, hats off to you on the conversion. . . .i am new to these pages and wondered what other engine choices may have considered, red top, type R. . .etc

393 bhp...jeebus! Love that you've kept the looks reasonably standard. I'd love to do a 1.0, keep the back end standard - complete with 1.0 badge - with Audi stylee front end & TT/S3 engine up front. It's the reverse mullet car - party up front, business in the back :lol:

Haha yeaaa that'd be different lol, i did actually buy a 1.0 badge for it at one point :D Ive always still tred to keep it reasonable looking and still have some nice comfortish features lol, ive always avoided totally stripping out and going extreme race with it :)

great job, hats off to you on the conversion. . . .i am new to these pages and wondered what other engine choices may have considered, red top, type R. . .etc

Thank you for looking! mmm I seem to actually remember reading someone somewhere who had done it or was looking into putting a type R engine into one.... I dunno if anyone can correst me on this :s lol

Sam.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

woooow..... pushing 400bhp.... massive project, job well done mate... read this whole thread took ages but well worth it :D hope to see you at edition 38 this year...

keep it up

Matt