Plans for Rosa? :)

carnut787

Just stuck some xenon bulbs in, 13 quid delivered for the pack of 6 bulbs..... only problem is, i got H4's rather than H7's for the dipped bulbs, should really have checked up on here before i went and ordered them :P. Lost a sidelight bulb while fighting to get the original one out, and the main beams definitely look better but don't actually seem as bright as the old halogen ones even at the same wattage, so im gonna go for the 100 watt ones and have emailed about getting the H4's swapped for H7's. Will make a nice difference. :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TA Technics coilovers are the same as V-Maxx coilovers. Just stickered differently.

Just so you know, you don't have Xenon's, you've bought halogen bulbs with xenon gas in them, which is just a marketing ploy. They might be brighter but it's not because of the Xenon gas. HID Xenons (like fitted to the GTI) use bulbs that cost about £150 each and need ballasts to make them run properly.

You can get HID conversion kits for your Lupo for about £100.

The TA Technics coilovers are the same as V-Maxx coilovers. Just stickered differently.

Just so you know, you don't have Xenon's, you've bought halogen bulbs with xenon gas in them, which is just a marketing ploy. They might be brighter but it's not because of the Xenon gas. HID Xenons (like fitted to the GTI) use bulbs that cost about £150 each and need ballasts to make them run properly.

You can get HID conversion kits for your Lupo for about £100.

True. But then they were just a cheap straight replacement and do look much better than my still standard dipped ones, much whiter.

Thanks for info tho, appreciated :)

Edited by carnut787

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered those Dare R31s in 15x6.5 ET42, with 195/45/15 T1-Rs :) gotta wait a couple weeks for them to get them in, should look goood. Might debadge the rear tonight. Also, how would i go about removing the bumpstrips from the front bumper and smoothing the holes?

Quick photoshop of what i mean:

smoothedfront.jpg

Pic mercilessly stolen from LiamD :D sorry but it was perfect.

Debadged the rear also, looks much better now. :)

Edited by carnut787

I think it looks good with the rub strips removed but if its the first time your attempting to smooth something I'd say get a spare bumper and try it out on that first. Its not the easiest thing to get right first time, plus if your doing it while its on the car you might be temped to rush it and make a right hash of it. At least if its off the car and not in use then you can take your time with getting it right.

I think it looks good with the rub strips removed but if its the first time your attempting to smooth something I'd say get a spare bumper and try it out on that first. Its not the easiest thing to get right first time, plus if your doing it while its on the car you might be temped to rush it and make a right hash of it. At least if its off the car and not in use then you can take your time with getting it right.

Yeah id rather have a garage do it for that reason. How much d'ya reckon id be looking at, ish?

hey all, looking at the pictures above are they 15" then on the seat? wouldnt 16's fit then as to me i would prefer the alloys to be a bit bigger and the tyre a lower profile, im not looking at having the whole arch filled with alloys but as i said the ones in the pic are a little but too small for the idea i have in my head for mine.

any advice? i know you've said anythin about a 15" isnt a good idea is that anything to do with them not fitting right e.i rubbin on the arches etc

ta

hey all, looking at the pictures above are they 15" then on the seat? wouldnt 16's fit then as to me i would prefer the alloys to be a bit bigger and the tyre a lower profile, im not looking at having the whole arch filled with alloys but as i said the ones in the pic are a little but too small for the idea i have in my head for mine.

any advice? i know you've said anythin about a 15" isnt a good idea is that anything to do with them not fitting right e.i rubbin on the arches etc

ta

I dont think thered be rubbing issues coz you could always get smaller tyres to compensate for the bigger alloys as you say. People just seem to think that anything above 15" looks too big for the car and in some cases with arosas etc with 16s i can see their point. I'm going for 15s and should be here in a week or so so obvs will post pics when i get em ;)

Got an FK debadged front grill today. Had some problems with fitting as they dont have one of the tabs on either side that the OEM grill has that actually holds it in place.... so it can be pushed back and out of place :/

Anyone else had this issue?

Edited by carnut787

Ive got 16" alloys on mine, wouldnt normally go above 15" though, look better and generally ride better. Just cant get my rims in 15" an they popped up so snapped them up. Dont scrub though.

Ive also got philj coils, great for the money.

HID kits are cheap nowadays, from £40...ive fitted some to my arosa and there superb. Get some pics thrown up when you get your rims fitted :) PS. did you try powersurge in team valley? there usually really competitive on prices for rims/tyres etc....?

Ive got 16" alloys on mine, wouldnt normally go above 15" though, look better and generally ride better. Just cant get my rims in 15" an they popped up so snapped them up. Dont scrub though.

Ive also got philj coils, great for the money.

HID kits are cheap nowadays, from £40...ive fitted some to my arosa and there superb. Get some pics thrown up when you get your rims fitted :) PS. did you try powersurge in team valley? there usually really competitive on prices for rims/tyres etc....?

Nope, never heard of them tbh, will have a look tho, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Another coilover question :/

hmm.. PhilJ's TA Technix for £215, V-maxx for £310 which seem pretty much the same, or AP for £370?

I know AP ones will be better but are they good enough to justify the extra £150ish over the ta-technix?

Need convincing :( lol

Another coilover question :/

hmm.. PhilJ's TA Technix for £215, V-maxx for £310 which seem pretty much the same, or AP for £370?

I know AP ones will be better but are they good enough to justify the extra £150ish over the ta-technix?

Need convincing :( lol

In my opinion yes. AP's are well worth the extra.

One thing most TA Technix owners will tell you is that they are bouncy and uncomfortable.

Having driven two lupo's on AP Coilovers now I can honestly say they don't feel any harsher than a reasonably capeable spring and shock setup.

Yeah one of my mates has the ta-technix on his lupo and the damping does look pretty crappy when he goes over speed bumps etc. Definitely gonna go for the AP ones next week when i get paid :)

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Got my AP coilies :D finally low!! Still need to take the adjuster out of the back to get another 20mm and im gonna bring the front up slightly as its catching on speed bumps etc :(

low1.jpg

low2.jpg

low3.jpg

low4.jpg

Keep the rear where it is and just bring the front up a tiny bit! The "rear up" stance always seems to give better handling than having the rear completely decked and the front not as low.

Does look mint as it is now like :) Glad I was able to get them to you ready for this weekend's fitting session ! :)

Any plans for wheels ?

Edited by AwesomeAl