sub power and speakers

OK so I want to put a small sub in the boot. I think I know where the wires will go to the HU but were do the power cables go? is there space though the bulk head for the wires, do thery go straite on the batery.

My front speakers are riveted in, how do I get them out (drill ?) so I can change them back before getting rid of the car?

Thanks chaps and chapets

Jon

Yes the power cable comes straight off the battery, and i ran mine through the bulkhead where the original loom goes in ( pain in the arse but saves you driling holes), i then just tucked all the cables behind the plastig sills down the side off the car, its a really tight squeeze but saves you ripping the carpet up, and then i earthed it on the fuel pump cover, hope this helps.

i have a pair of xplod speakers in my garage that one of the former house mates left, i was thinking about fitting them but dont want them in my parcel shelf, when biggaz said about 'under the seat' i thought, hmmmm could they go there?

sorry to hijack just suddenly thought! :P

back on topic,

are you going to try and do something a little special? or are you just putting a sub and box in the boot?

i have a pair of xplod speakers in my garage that one of the former house mates left, i was thinking about fitting them but dont want them in my parcel shelf, when biggaz said about 'under the seat' i thought, hmmmm could they go there?

sorry to hijack just suddenly thought! :P

back on topic,

are you going to try and do something a little special? or are you just putting a sub and box in the boot?

what size are the speakers? 6x9s?

and as for the original question, the cables can go through the original wiring loom and as said above the earth is best off being short as possible so less resistance is lost, there are a few holes in the metal around the spare wheel where you can just stick a bolt through there :)

as for taking the speakers off i tryed doing it carefully but gave up and used a hammer lol, got them off a treat! then just made some MDF rings and mounted the speakers on them,

hope that helps

Rich,

yeah 6x9s. :)

chuck them and get a pair of 15s :rolleyes:

doubt you would be able to mount them under the seats!, you can get some 6x9 boxes for in your boot if there any good? if not just make something up for in your boot, your full of ideas! :lol:

Rich,