Wet roads and lowered cars

Got the coilovers fitted to my GTi and running 195 45 15's on the front. Front lowered between 50-60 mm

Getting concerned on roundabouts and bends as the front seems to lose traction very easily.

Lowered the tyre pressures down to 28 psi on the front and 30 on the rear, although still have the same problem.

Any ideas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is lowered about the same on KW v1s and running 195/45 Dulop 2040s on the front. I don't get any loss of grip unless pushing.

The Lupo in general is prone to understeer, so wet roads will only exasberate the issue.

Even my 1.0 Arosa is good for understeer fun!

dont drive so fast in the wet?

:lol:

I am only driving within the speed limit.

Is it better to raise the psi or lower the pressure even more

Could be the new tyres I tried at my local garage as they were only £35 a corner fitted.

Will check the make tonight

Could be the new tyres I tried at my local garage as they were only £35 a corner fitted.

Did you just ask for the chespest they did? They will be crap, get them off end get some decont tyres on there

just slam it to the floor, thatl make it all better! :)

I agree, mines wound all the way down, with 195-45-15 on an it's awsome neever get any understeer just a scray amount of lift off over haha. Probs to do with ur tyres, or the extra weight of the gti lump makes it understeer more than my humble 1.0 ha

I agree, mines wound all the way down, with 195-45-15 on an it's awsome neever get any understeer just a scray amount of lift off over haha. Probs to do with ur tyres, or the extra weight of the gti lump makes it understeer more than my humble 1.0 ha

i wasnt talking about performance wise, just in general! the closer you are to the floor, the better life is.

I'm a true low-rider.

I didn't even fit the legs on my Ikea settee.

Yes, I am that hardcore. :cheeky:

That's bad. All the little beasties will be able to climb from your floor onto the upholstery to lay their eggs. The legs are there so only the really fit ones make it: therefore encouraging superbreeding. It helps more if you polish them regularly!

You sir are playing with evolution!

Jeez! The young of today...

:coffee:

That's bad. All the little beasties will be able to climb from your floor onto the upholstery to lay their eggs. The legs are there so only the really fit ones make it: therefore encouraging superbreeding. It helps more if you polish them regularly!

You sir are playing with evolution!

Jeez! The young of today...

:coffee:

:lol:

if that is true i will eat my beard!!!

Did you just ask for the chespest they did? They will be crap, get them off end get some decont tyres on there

The independent garage that services my car, has started supplying tyres, so I thought I would give them a go.

Perhaps it was not the best choice I've made.

I can't lower the front anymore as the tyre catches the arch, when turning.