Stiff gear change

Niche

Maybe your left arm's just getting weaker.

:lol:

you can **** off...unhelpful sod.

Cable?

clutch cable is also new.

For the meantime I have adjusted the biting point so its right at the top of the clutch pedal otherwise it's impossible to select 1st gear. If I put the biting point where it should be I can't select any gears.

3rd gear moves around like the gear selector is in neutral.

And it is a new clutch, how long is the warranty for a new clutch?

Nick will your stream of problems never end ? i think you can officially say your Lupo has vwaids

Lol.

All I've ever wanted out of this car was to be able to drive it without suffering any problems. Since I bought it in November last year I've had nothing but trouble. I've got a list of everything I've done to fix this car and may I say it's the length of one A4 page.

Hmm, so with the clutch set as it should be, you cant get 1st?

That esound slike your clutch is having issues again, who fitted the clutch? It was VW wasnt it? Take it back and get them to check it, say you have had to adjust it to be able to select 1st.

Either that or the gearbox isnt happy.

I wouldnt think its linkages, as adjusting the clutch would have no effect there. You could lubriacate them for good measure though.

Out of interest, how much stick do you give the clutch in traffic? You shouldbt be having problems now after all the work you have had done!

Hmm, so with the clutch set as it should be, you cant get 1st?

That esound slike your clutch is having issues again, who fitted the clutch? It was VW wasnt it? Take it back and get them to check it, say you have had to adjust it to be able to select 1st.

Either that or the gearbox isnt happy.

I wouldnt think its linkages, as adjusting the clutch would have no effect there. You could lubriacate them for good measure though.

Out of interest, how much stick do you give the clutch in traffic? You shouldbt be having problems now after all the work you have had done!

Well the amount of play in the gear selector is a joke, being in 3rd gear is like being in neutral, it moves a lot from the left to the right.

I'm going to get my mate to take apart the gear selector this Sunday and fix that. The stiff gear change could be where the selector isn't in line as the bushes have worn out. Whilst he's there I'm going to get him to assess the gear linkages. It should help a bit but if it doesn't then I'm taking the car back to VW to have them look at the clutch again.

The last time I took it back the manage simply adjusted the clutch to where I have the biting point now (at the top of the pedal) to which I wasn't happy with. I've treated the clutch as good as gold since I've had the kit fitted.

Also on a side note I can't select any gears whilst the engine is off??? :huh:

Edited by Niche