Smoked Headlights

electricpanda

Cheers, well ive just been back out to look and they all have a similar silver core (obviously being lights) but didn't know if painting them would make as much difference as there so much smaller. Aswell are they all sealed with that prc stuff? Thanks :)

hi mate im sure ive read some where on here the indicators are a sealed unit and haved to be cut open using a dremel and then glued back together had a look for the thread but cant find it let me know how u get on cause i want to do mine :)

Edited by lupoluke

Ive given up. Im useless, I cant even work out how to unclip the front. Are there any hidden bolts or is it just plugs? I darent pull it any harder! Cant afford to break it haha

If i cant do it now im gonna get some toast and quit haha :(

Edited by electricpanda

Ive given up. Im useless, I cant even work out how to unclip the front. Are there any hidden bolts or is it just plugs? I darent pull it any harder! Cant afford to break it haha

If i cant do it now im gonna get some toast and quit haha :(

Thought Id add them in here after finally finding them.

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006-1.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Cheers, I'll give it a go tommorow!

Finished my headlights, theres not that much difference but every little helps!!!

Before

Lights3.jpg

Afterrrr

Lights.jpg

Light.jpg

Thanks alot for your help guys!!

Need to find something else cheap and easy to do now!

Indicators can be done with the heat gun technique but you just need to be careful that you don't over do it and melt the whole thing. There small so theres not much place for the heat to go and they can melt easily.

Would the oven work on the indicators aswell or do I need the heat gun? Thanks :D

I use matte usually.

You could give them a go in the oven but I prefer a heatgun as you can prise it with the heat on it and see if its ready to go or not. Where as the oven if its not hot enough to pull apart or you need to add more heat as you prise it then you can. Heat guns are only about a tenner from Machine Mart. Might as well get one, there handy to have.