Whats this light??

Alex_225

I'm guessing its the engine management light?? :(

Imgp1848.jpg

Started her up no problem, pulled out of my drive way and accelerated to about 3k as she was cold and always keep below that for 15/20 minutes, then this light came on.

I'm guessing the only way to find out would be to use a VAG-Com, I take it this would mean that a fault code has been logged?

Also, there's probably a huge list of reasons why this would suddenly come on I assume. Any thoughts? I have to drive my car and don't think I'm going to be able to get it looked at within the next week or so. :( Just hope its nothing serious.

Always happens just as you're happy with your car, something goes f*cking wrong.

Yup, thats the engine management light.

Could be just something simple, but its best to get the codes read as soon as you can. How does it drive? Still performing ok?

Could be something very simple like needing new plugs, dirty throttle body, or something more!

Yeah I'm going to pop down to my local garage in a bit and see if they can at least read the fault code!

Fingers crossed its nothing serious. Never know, it may go off when I next start her up. lol

mine came up about a month after i got the car then went off, came up and went off then it came back on and stayed on the car still drives fine but ive used a full tank off petrol and only done 220 mile its a 1.0 btw so im hopefully getting it looked at tonight let us know how you get on.

i was just going to post the same thing!

this light came on my car last night!

still performing the same etc and didnt know why it had come on.

i went to fill up and wen i started the car back up the light had dissapeared!

do you think i should still get mine checked out anyone?

Had my local chappy check it.

Said the code coming up was most likely cause by some crap on the o2 sensor. Cleared the errors and said to keep and eye on it.

Only cost me £10 for the privelege!! lol

Funnily once the car had warmed up and I gave it some beans to about 4,000 revs the light went off.

mine came on after i ran it slightly low on fuel (got stuck in traffic in the red) filled up came on and the car went like a bag of ****e still is .. i think its the rocker gasket cos i took no 2 spark plug covery plugy thingy off and the pot was full of oil !! yikes !!

That sounds complicated mate!! lol

I think its part of the ups and downs with cars, it pulled a great figure on the rolling road on Saturday, feeling really good about the car. Then the engine management light comes on, when I get home I realise that c*nt has nicked my 8 ball valve caps. I'd be even more hacked off if it wasn't that I got em free off Fast Car magazine! lol

ALEX

That sign come up when i 1st got the car,

i had just fitted the induction kit and went threw a puddle that was a bit deeper than i expected, since then the sign used to come every so often

never affected the car in the way she drove, would'nt worry about it m8. Will just be a stupid sensor somewhere.

mine is always on..permanent!! but there is nothing wrong with the car..i have had it all looked at lots of times..it did start flashing at me once n thats when i had a problem..not major tho..sum thing like the ht leads had burnt out...sumting like that

Mine was on for a while and I ran Vagcom which said the signal in the potentiometer for the EGR valve was too low, so today I took it to the garage and had the EGR valve replaced at a cost of £135, 2 mins after the light came back on along with the EPC, not cool. Guy thinks that once the EGR valve has been replaced, the car is obviously going to be a bit different as there is no longer a fault, and the sudden change has triggered something else! Took it to a really really good garage though where the guy knows his ****, so I'm pretty confident hes not taking the piss

ALEX

That sign come up when i 1st got the car,

i had just fitted the induction kit and went threw a puddle that was a bit deeper than i expected, since then the sign used to come every so often

never affected the car in the way she drove, would'nt worry about it m8. Will just be a stupid sensor somewhere.

You know what mate, I think most cars have this light come on at some point in their life. By the sounds of it, usually for something trivial!! :lol:

My local guys cleared the errors and the light had already gone off anyway. She's running as good as ever so I'm not complaining. :D

I'm guessing the reason my light came on is because of the manifold and possibly the temperature changes of late. Its suddenly getting cold at night now where as up until a few weeks ago it was mild.

The light came on again yesterday but went off again this morning. Weird but it drives fine.

This light came up on mine just after i had bought it :unsure:

My fella has got a hand held fault code reader with which he erased the code and switched the light off, it hasnt come back on since.

If something is broken the light usually comes back on straight away.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had that wonderful light TWICE now.

it makes me panic somewhat. :ouch: i looked in the manual first to see if that would shed any light, but it just said to take it to a mechanic (which made me worry more!)

The first time it was just a sensor had gone and needed replacing - no real effect to the car and all was fine appart from the light on the dash which was making me worry about what was going on inside my poor little car! that was rather expensive, but i did get it serviced at the same time (it needed doing so i thought id do both together)

The second time it was the ignition lead needed replacing. The car felt HORRIBLE to drive but was fairly cheap to fix.

Get it checked out by someone just incase!