Rear speakers

Tatsumaru

I have just had rear speakers fitted in my 57 volkswagen fox!!

All the wires were there, but the guys that did it had to take out the BACK SEATS to get to the panels properly!!

I can report that now the rear speakers are in, when I press the "balance" button on the standard stereo, it now knows I have rear speakers and I can adjust them as well as the balance.

I have also had replacements in the front AND new tweeters. The standard stereo is maxxed on these without breaking them (which is good for me) and it all looks standard until you look in the speakers grills :)

Any questions or comments feel free to post.

I have just had rear speakers fitted in my 57 volkswagen fox!!

All the wires were there, but the guys that did it had to take out the BACK SEATS to get to the panels properly!!

I can report that now the rear speakers are in, when I press the "balance" button on the standard stereo, it now knows I have rear speakers and I can adjust them as well as the balance.

I have also had replacements in the front AND new tweeters. The standard stereo is maxxed on these without breaking them (which is good for me) and it all looks standard until you look in the speakers grills :)

Any questions or comments feel free to post.

has the overall bass improved now u have rear speaker? where did u get the speakers from and how much did it cost u to get it done?

overall bass is much, much better yes. especially when i turn up the speakers in the back i can feel the seat moving to the beat

although i've got tweeters which are £20 on their own (trade price) so the treb is even better lol

I got them done in a place in Birmingham called Jam Tech.

was going to cost 165 estimate for 6 new speakers (including tweeters). but there were some complications, for example, having to take out the back seats to get to the back panels properly.

all including fitting I paid £220. although i got a good deal because I know a friend of the owner.

If anyone lives in birmingham or willing to travel here for great service let me know I can give you the address.

I just moved the seats back a forward to get the back panel off, my speakers cost £50 and the connectors (so i did not need to cut the wire) about £6 I fitted them my self.

I have not done the front yet but if I don't do the tweeters it will be about £50 and half a day to do the job.

I guess you have put better speakers in than me but i like my Kickers.

I got a new head unit as well witch makes the standard front speakers better. so I guess if you put a new head unit in you will have a killer system.

Doing it yourself makes you feel good and also you only have yourself to blame if you brake something.

• 2 weeks later...
I have just had rear speakers fitted in my 57 volkswagen fox!

Any questions or comments feee l free to post.

hi what spkeakers did you have fitted in the front

kris

shamefully, kris, I was too excited to try them out and I don't know!!

I think they wanted to put kickers in there but they didn't have the right connectors...

I do know that I paid £70 a pair on speakers in the past and these sound 10x better and louder :)

paid about £200 fitted (6 speakers including twetters)

if you life in the birmingham area i can give you the address

• 2 months later...

im gettin genuine vw rear speakers coming on tues. the part no for these are 5z0 035 411c. they cost me £20.21 each. imo y spend best part of £60 on speakers and adapters on rear speakers as most of the sound that you will here is from the front? go with the £40 set of genuine ones.

yes but I won't own this car forever so I can take the speakers out and use them in my next car actually saving me money. Also no one will be the wiser as I have not cut any wires

• 5 months later...