Bump Strips

FOX12

I've got a black Fox and just wondered what peoples views on removing the bump strips are? Worried about losing the paint underneath aswell..any way of preventing that or is it just luck?

Vicky

I did my loop last wkend there - using a hair dryer on full warming the strips bit by bit, and then using a cable tie to grip onto and pulling the strip off towards me - It took very long but worked bettter than i thought it would. Tho left with two strips of glue which I was able to peel off (with time and dedication lol) still needs a bit of work but a careful tad of white-spirit does the job.

Paint coming off shouldn't be an issue - 'as long as it hasnt been resprayed before - i.e the colour variation behind the strip which would leave 2 big noticeable lines obv or if the strips have been re-glued without being done carefully.

Apart from that I reckon should be sweet - was kinda time consuming for me tho. - Hope this helps B)

Edited by And1Lupo

I did my loop last wkend there - using a hair dryer on full warming the strips bit by bit, and then using a cable tie to grip onto and pulling the strip off towards me - It took very long but worked bettter than i thought it would. Tho left with two strips of glue which I was able to peel off (with time and dedication lol) still needs a bit of work but a careful tad of white-spirit does the job.

Paint coming off shouldn't be an issue - 'as long as it hasnt been resprayed before - i.e the colour variation behind the strip which would leave 2 big noticeable lines obv or if the strips have been re-glued without being done carefully.

Apart from that I reckon should be sweet - was kinda time consuming for me tho. - Hope this helps B)

Nice one, thanks a lot :)

If you havent done it yet i would urge you to stray into the loop forum on here as there has been much discussion.

The usual technique is a hair dryer and some cotton / dental floss but the paint can mark when they come off as the paint on loops sometimes can be a bit thin and ive heard the same of the fox.

take them off carefully and address any colour issue with some good cutting compound and then wax and they should be bootiful.

As i say though take a look in the loops section, id hate for you to come back on here saying the paint peeled off with the strips