North West Convoy??

SamGTi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is another thread regarding a northern convoy. Since you will NEED to come down the east side of the country (I.e. M1) you may aswel tag along with that convoy...

M6 FTW!

I'll be heading down the M74/M6.

I'll be leaving about 1pm. Google Maps says 4 hours 33mins to Warrington so I should be around there at about 6pm ish.

GM also say 2hours 19mins from Warrington to N'hampton so that'll hopefully seem me at E38 shortly after 8pm.

If you want to leave earlier than Silver!, I'll be in the scottishvag convoy, it's leaving Abington at 10.30am and will be going down the M6.

Ahh you all heading down saturday night? tentage?

Both Friday, but some of us have jobs! :P @ Mr Kenzie!

Edited by Silver!

I have a job!! working saturday too!! LOL!

Sorry I felt you may have thought I was talking to you, but I have now changed my post.

Both Friday, but some of us have jobs! :P @ Mr Kenzie!

The joys of holiday forms Ray :D I'm also off on thursday and monday too, just to make you feel better lol.

whats up with the m6?

The M6 is shĂ­t, Always filled with traffic and you are statistically 20% more likely to die on the M6 than you are on the M1.

The M1 is a much faster motorway, and Since you are going to have to travel East to West anyway - May aswell link up with the people coming down from the North / North East!

Also - The main Convoy is going from J15a Services on the M1 Southbound.

Also - The main Convoy is going from J15a Services on the M1 Southbound.

...but Sam's travelling on the Sat evening by the sound of it.

The M1 may be OK further down but it's s***e rubbish up north (the true north that is! :o )

Edited by Silver!

ill be leaving at around 6pm on friday night but ill be goin down the m6 coz i work at the airport so it makes more sence.

I'll have a beer ready for your arrival mate!

much appreciated Al!

ill have a crate that u can gladly help yourself too :shades:

If all goes well I should be around the Manchester M6/M62 junction around 6pm. Keep your eyes peeled for a "storming" silver GTi.

R

so clouds and thunder bolts then ray?

On second thoughts I'm getting my bumper and spoiler sprayed on Tuesday, so look for the GTi with the front end covered inn poly bags!

:lol:

I hope I leave the clouds and thunderbolts north of the border! :(

On second thoughts I'm getting my bumper and spoiler sprayed on Tuesday, so look for the GTi with the front end covered inn poly bags!

Go and speak to the detailed boys. They'll show you a marvellous trick using electrical tape :rolleyes:

Go and speak to the detailed boys. They'll show you a marvellous trick using electrical tape :rolleyes:

Electrical tape would damage the paintwork.

You mean 3m Blue Pressure sensitive Masking tape don't you ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.