front speaker problem

Ok so I have installed a new HU and rear speakers in to the fox, now I want to change the bog standard front speakers.

Problem 1. they look as though they are riveted in so you can't get them out ? (only way iknow to do it is drill or cut the rivets)

Problem 2. they have a strange connector on the end (which I don't want to cut) it clips into the top of the speaker housing in to the posi and negy pins

Can anone help

Thanks

Edited by FLO7LXJ

to run aftermarket speakers that connection will become useless as far as im aware (mayb there is a way to use it). i think its better to run new wires from the headunit outputs to the speakers.

bit odd that they would be riveted in though.

bit odd that they would be riveted in though

I know the heads just have small recesses no star, +, - or any other things in them so you can turn them.

I don't want to mess with the wires because I am not sure how it effects the warranty of the car

Edited by FLO7LXJ

u could always leave the standard wires in place jus wrap them in electric tape and then run new wires through aswell. that way if u want to take the speakers out u'll still have the vw plug.

you have to drill them out mate, theyre quite hard so youll probably want a decent drill and dont use cheap bits, just use a bit enough to just overlap the hole in the middle of the rivet, rag the plastic circle bit away then cut the wires back, put aftermarket connecters on the exisiting wires... bobs your uncle

bit odd that they would be riveted in though.

Why would it be odd? All Lupos and I think Arosa have their front speakers rivetted into the door. As Boy'dup said, it is a case of drilling through the rivets.