What in the name of Christ!

Lukus 9N

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your point, but it's more the fact that they can kill quickly even when you think you're having fun.

My Grandad says:

If you lined up and shot every single drug dealer in the country and eradicated drug problems whilst doing so, you'd create a crime free nation.

What a load of bullsh1t. So where has he got this highly accurate factual data from? His poop shoot? I suppose if he told you chocolate made you live forever you'd believe that to?

Damn, beat me to it, just got paid and sponsored the students to the tune of £1,200.

I don't mind my tax contributing to the further education of the next generations. The medical discoveries of the students in further education now could well save my life in years to come.

However, I do object to paying for layabouts who don't know what they want to do with their lives who go to University for a 3 year booze up to leave with a degree in a pointless "subject" that will never be of any use to them in their lives.

Im getting charged interest on my student loan :(

Interest equal to the rate of inflation, below bank base rate and below LIBOR. I wouldn't complain about it if I were you.

Our loans are LOANS not free money. It gets payed back. If you didn't go to uni then that's your choice, but for those that chose to (or needed to), then the consequences are that we need LOANS to get us by.

Your LOANS get paid back, but the thousands of pounds that the government funds towards your tuition fees, subsidising the University to cover the cost of your education etc does not.

I don't mind my tax contributing to the further education of the next generations. The medical discoveries of the students in further education now could well save my life in years to come.

However, I do object to paying for layabouts who don't know what they want to do with their lives who go to University for a 3 year booze up to leave with a degree in a pointless "subject" that will never be of any use to them in their lives.

I'm so glad someone round here has some sense. I'm from a single parent family, my mum has given everything for me to do well at school and get to university, but even with all her help, without all the help from the government I wouldn't have been able to afford to go.

As it is, i've done a sensible degree (Chem Eng), graduated, I've got a grad job and as of the 25th August I will be happily paying tax, always remembering that if the other people before me didn't pay tax, I wouldn't be where I am now.

It really annoys me that some people abuse the system, doing degrees in trivial matters which won't get them anywhere. The government should do something about them. The problem is more people going to university looks good in the eyes of the voting public, so I doubt anything will be done.

A lot of banking, law & accountancy firms have now put a ban on non-core subject degrees for graduate recruits. Hopefully this will reduce the number of people doing "faffy" subjects and encourage people to study subjects that are useful and relevant...

I agree, pointless degrees are stupid.

I'm doing a degree in Computer Networks, my sister is doing a Veterinary degree and my brother has just qualified as a member of the RICS, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveying. And if you're asking, my parents have paid for all of the tuition fees for the three of us to study.

I think you'll find your parents paid a contribution towards the tuition fees ;) Costs a heck of a lot more than a couple of thousand per student, per year. Your LEA will have funded the remainder.

While I was at Uni, my parents also paid the £1000 per year (as it was then) towards my tuition fees, as well as paying my rent and giving me some money to live off. Grants were abolished the year before I went to University so I didn't get a grant. I took out student loans in my first and second years to cover the remaining costs of living at Uni.

My course varied from 28-32 hours of lectures, labs and seminars each week so getting a part time job was virtually impossible. I worked throughout the holidays in all 3 years I was at Uni (Christmas, Easter & Summer holidays). I also took on an evening job during my 3rd year so I didn't have to take out another student loan.

I left University owing £7,500 to the Student Loan Company and with £1,500 in student overdrafts.

A lot of banking, law & accountancy firms have now put a ban on non-core subject degrees for graduate recruits. Hopefully this will reduce the number of people doing "faffy" subjects and encourage people to study subjects that are useful and relevant...

And, in contrast there is (or was until just recently - we'll have to see how it pans out) such a *huge* demand for construction people (QSs in particular) that employers were specifically employing "non-cognate" people into graduate positions - i.e. we'll take anything just so long as it's a degree.

In response, most UK Unis that offer construction courses are now offering non-cognate conversion courses at MSc level - in principle these condense four years worth of an undergrad degree into a MSc qualification. In reality, they make a mockery of the Masters but I digress... They pay exceptionally well (in terms of fee income) so the universities (at the institutional level at least) love them.

I understand your point, but it's more the fact that they can kill quickly even when you think you're having fun.

My Grandad says:

If you lined up and shot every single drug dealer in the country and eradicated drug problems whilst doing so, you'd create a crime free nation.

ok this has some truth in it. there is no way it could cut down crime all in one go but it will cut down a fair bit..

see: drug dealers are the scum of all scum. they sell drugs to crack heads, these people are just a waste of life really. they do anything to get money i.e kicking your nans face in to take the little money she has. the dealer then makes money from this. so then we have gun crime, they then are shooting each other. then with these dealers making a lot of money manly come from poor workingclass areas where we then have teenage knife crime. but with the dealers making good money the youth see this and want that lifestyle that they belive is the best they can get, like they see the new cars, money, flash stuff and want it. so they then see selling drugs as a way of making fast money. we then have stabbings with teenagers like we have dealers higher up shooting each other. so really i think if there was no drugs in the uk so then we have no drealer and then we dont have this piramide effect doing down the scale.

but its really not like we can control drugs in the uk so all of my views really dont matter lol

ok this has some truth in it. there is no way it could cut down crime all in one go but it will cut down a fair bit..

see: drug dealers are the scum of all scum. they sell drugs to crack heads, these people are just a waste of life really. they do anything to get money i.e kicking your nans face in to take the little money she has. the dealer then makes money from this. so then we have gun crime, they then are shooting each other. then with these dealers making a lot of money manly come from poor workingclass areas where we then have teenage knife crime. but with the dealers making good money the youth see this and want that lifestyle that they belive is the best they can get, like they see the new cars, money, flash stuff and want it. so they then see selling drugs as a way of making fast money. we then have stabbings with teenagers like we have dealers higher up shooting each other. so really i think if there was no drugs in the uk so then we have no drealer and then we dont have this piramide effect doing down the scale.

but its really not like we can control drugs in the uk so all of my views really dont matter lol

I actually know some nice drugs dealers.

obviously you're going for the typical stereotype there then?

I think you'll find your parents paid a contribution towards the tuition fees ;)

Nah, my parents paid the full amount for us, we've got out of paying back tuition fees and only paying maintenance loans. I haven't had to use the government to pay for anything, but when I'm at Uni I'll use it for spending on food + water etc.

Wait, hang on. I just read the rest of your post. I'm not sure what my parents pay for now! They pay for the tuition fees if you get my point. :D I'm a lucky sod and very grateful!

Edited by Lukus 9N

Yeah we do, and they get spent on rent! In fact, they often get spent on rent before they even arrive in our accounts, that's why we need interest free overdrafts and the like.

And as for your £34 prescription mate, you should have strapped it up, then you wouldn't need the aciclovir :P:lol:

NOCK

Its not interest free anymore, and the people who have parents who earn more than 20p a year get less than the people who whos parents dont, im not gona moan tho I think the loans are massive, unless you get the smallest loan because of your parents wage and your parents dont help you out, im lucky my dad pays for accomidation so im good however money is really tight for people with rich tight parents

I actually know some nice drugs dealers.

obviously you're going for the typical stereotype there then?

you know a nice drug dealer? unless they sell weed they are scum, i carnt see how a person who makes money from selling something that takes control over someones life. they then dont want to work they live for the drugs, they then do crime to get that little money they need for the next fix. the family of these people see this as their son/brother etc does down hill and is just a waste of a life, just getting by for more drugs. who in the end is more than likey going to end up on the streets or od.

or maybe them parents sit back as their daughter stands on the street waiting for men to come and pay for sex, so they can then buy drugs. them same parents waving good bye to having grandkids. just watching as the same daughter waste her life away living for drugs.

BUT oh yer that dealer selling them this sounds really like a really nice person. how can it be a stereotype, it dosnt matter who is selling the drugs they do the same thing, its not like you get a nice drug dealer selling candyfloss?

Edited by lupo_1.0

peace, love, getting baked, all that sixties jazz.

Most drug dealers I know only flog weed.

although saying that I don't live in the ghetto and there's a house up the street which has just been done for growing a large amount of cannabis. The people who were in there were nice, sociable & came across as okay.

there's an annoying 24/7 police presence outside ATM.

hahahahaha yer thats because they was high as a mofo. nar i dont think selling weed is not bad to be honest like i went croydon college and the amount of people who didnt sell it was a joke, but i see weed like drink its ok unless you start going over the top and its something you can keep at bay if your not a fool.

you know, I never thought that could be the reason they were pretty sound.

I'm now thinking that the students over the road may be too as they always yell hey when I'm playing about with the car.

hmmm, wonder if the old guy next door can get some then he'll stop complaining about where I park the pissrat in relation to him getting his car on his awkwardly angled drive.

There may be a clever solution to this.