Ibiza or lupo?

Jimothy

i know i'm not gonna get much impartial advice here :P

i.ve currently got a 54-plate ibiza FR TDI, not sure whether to keep it, or jack it in for a lupo GTI. i like the 'beeza, but i really like the lupos (especially a silver one that i see pretty much every day near greenbridge in swindon, so low and purty!)

performance figures are roughly the same, running costs will be similar, insurance will be similar too. i just dont know! :(

i'm being showered with abuse by my work colleagues after i mentioned i'm thinking of getting a lupo GTI, they all seem to think its a bit gay. i still really like them tho...

and it would be my 7th car in coming up to 7 years of driving :D

Ibiza! Bet that wasnt the answer you were expecting. As much as Loops are ace you prob have better kit on the ibiza

Do you have a golden retrever and a white stick?

If you want a car thats cheap to run keep the oil chugger.

If you want something thats cool, rare and fun to drive get the GTI.

Each car is better than the other depending what your wanting from the car.

My mates used to take the pi$$ when I said I was getting a Lupo GTI and their opinion changed once I got it.......its a head turner on the road good and bad, well it is for me for some reason :lol: but I dont mind........they just dont uderstand the car

Keep the ibiza!

Ive been thinking recently id like one, i keep seeing ibiza diesels tearing down motorways past me, totally filthy and not a silver wheel in sight! Just looks so cool, small mile muncher!

Kit is much better and its a bigger car too.

Keep the ibiza!

Ive been thinking recently id like one, i keep seeing ibiza diesels tearing down motorways past me, totally filthy and not a silver wheel in sight! Just looks so cool, small mile muncher!

Kit is much better and its a bigger car too.

and then me pelting it past the durv burners :lol:

ive had the 1litre arosa and an ibiza cupra . the ibiza has the advantages of space in the boot etc but the arosa's handling when i lowered it was brilliant where as theres a numb sensation about the stearing in the cupra ...

I thought about an Ibiza Cupra but then decided I didn't want a car put together by people who think it's a good laugh to hurl goats off church towers and get the fattest man in the village to round a donkey until it collapses and dies through exhaustion. At the end of the day, without VW they'd still be making crap copies of crap-in-the-first-place Fiats.

Edited by Fow Vay

And your point being ... :wacko:

Seat make great cars now, yes with the help of VW, but why is that a bad thing :confused:

If you only buy cars on what you think of the counrties where they are produced and what the company was like years ago, you will be missing some awsome cars :shades:

:lol:

I thought about an Ibiza Cupra but then decided I didn't want a car put together by people who think it's a good laugh to hurl goats off church towers and get the fattest man in the village to round a donkey until it collapses and dies through exhaustion. At the end of the day, without VW they'd still be making crap copies of crap-in-the-first-place Fiats.

The thing is... Not all VW's are made in Germany as has been the case for some time. The Fox and Jetta are made in Mexico, the new Scirocco is in Portugal, and countless other VW's are made in other parts of the world i'm sure. In fact considering that the Seat factory in Barcelona is one of the most up to date VW plants, i'd be very suprised if some VW's aren't made there.

After attempting (and failing) to pass a VW Caddy TDi (140PS or not) on a country road I retract my previous posts; I think you would have sailed past in your Ibiza so keep it. That's the second time White Van Man has embarrassed me in my GTi so the thing is getting punted early next year. VW should be ashamed of themselves for attaching a GTi badge to the Lupo - the Caddy may have more power and torque but it still weighs more than double a GTi (and the Caddy was fully loaded included including ladders on the roof rack). Lupo GTi = poo!

After attempting (and failing) to pass a VW Caddy TDi (140PS or not) on a country road I retract my previous posts; I think you would have sailed past in your Ibiza so keep it. That's the second time White Van Man has embarrassed me in my GTi so the thing is getting punted early next year. VW should be ashamed of themselves for attaching a GTi badge to the Lupo - the Caddy may have more power and torque but it still weighs more than double a GTi (and the Caddy was fully loaded included including ladders on the roof rack). Lupo GTi = poo!

I can't get over how fast most modern vans are!

We had the loan of a VW caddy 1.9TDi (104) while VW were busy ruining our Caravelle. It was farily nippy, even fully loaded, really had some guts!

Do VW do anything to the engines that go into the vans? As we have had a few golf loan cars with the same engine and they were not as nippy and sounded different :confused:

I can't get over how fast most modern vans are!

We had the loan of a VW caddy 1.9TDi (104) while VW were busy ruining our Caravelle. It was farily nippy, even fully loaded, really had some guts!

Do VW do anything to the engines that go into the vans? As we have had a few golf loan cars with the same engine and they were not as nippy and sounded different :confused:

I'm coming to terms with it (two days later) - the only consolation being that it was at least a vee dub van! Edited by Fow Vay

i'm still getting harrassed at work about it :P i still really dont know. argh!

i know loops aint the quickest things on the road, but they're pretty cool and rare in GTI form, i like rare! plus i like the idea bout having a dub GTI :P

I get ribbed all the time at work for my lupo. Only quicker things in the car park are a scoob, a few t5s and a V6 Turbo Vectra though. so most people shut up after that!

Oersonally, Id mod the Beefa, nice remap, maybe new turbo etc.

only thing thats really stopping me from doing that is the high mileage. it was a company car previously, its just hit 97k, of which i've put 5k on it since december. its just a bit scruffy really, i fancy a change.

there is a quite nice looking black polo gti with leather interior on autotrader in bristol, i might go have a gander at that this weekend...

The Lupo GTI had the fastest 0-60 time of any VW GTI until the mk5 Golf GTI was released.

It's not all about speed anyway.

the 2.0ltr mk3 anniversary did it in 8seconds along with a top speed of 135ish

Lupo redeemed itself today by holding off a Fiesta ST - c0ck was behind me approaching a set of traffic lights and opted for the inside lane although the two lanes taper back to one shortly after the lights - despite the ST being in pole position (it had its nose in front whilst stationary at the lights - I could see the ST badge on the boot) the Lupo comfortably held him off. C0ck then had the cheek to blast his horn up me when he found himself trapped in the inside lane.