ovni yellow arosa('s) *NOW WITH LUPO GTI* ** FOR SALE**

mike89

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi im iquiring about the compotive cxr wheels, i know u sold them a while back but i was wondering were u got them from? and if u would need to do any modifications to put thm on like spacers etc ive just seen ur thred about the wheels when you put them up forsale and would machining the front calipers be a hard job? and did u have to adjust the rear for them to fit? it u could get back to me it would be a real help cause i dont know much about them but ive sin a new set for around £680 and have the money waiting for them cause i love these wheels

cheers joe

Edited by wethepeople123

• 11 months later...

*NEW CORSA LIMITED EDITION*

Well, long story short, i was looking at these ever since they came out in the facelifted version. I went to see one in Ballyrobert Vauxhall just as they came out. It was a white one in the showroom, and thought it was fanatastic looking. Alot more aggressive looking than the pre-facelift version. I wasnt really committed into buying one at that point though, as i had a fiesta ST at the time, and just couldnt bring myself to sell such a nippy car for a 1.2 corsa haha.gif. That, and also the fact that they were just released, so there were no used ones yet, so i couldnt really afford one.

BUT a few months later, my dad told me about one for sale just up the road at a used car dealers. At this point i wasnt really any closer to actually wanting to sell the 2.0 fiesta for a 1.2, so i went to look at the car, with the mindset of not actually thinking im gonna buy it.....at all lol. But after seeing it first hand, and how new it actually was, (2500 miles, and about 5 months old) i couldnt say no razz.gif. I took it for a test drive. It was what i expected from a 1.2, but what suprised me the most, was how quiet it was and how well it actually drove!

Some photos of the ST. I loved this car, and really do still miss the performance of it and the exhaust note, from the decatted mountune exhaust, but, at the minute, i honestly love the look of the car. It looks sportier than the fiesta, and sits alot lower naturally which i like.

DSC00278-1-3.jpg

fez2.jpg

Now the corsa! Hopefully i can get better pics soon.

DSC06783-1.jpg

DSC06750-1.jpg

DSC06751-1.jpg

DSC06753.jpg

DSC06766-1.jpg

DSC06778-1.jpg

DSC06782-1.jpg

Edited by mike89

So when i got the car home, it sat in the garage for a good few days, whilst i got it cleaned up, and fitted some of the goodies i bought. Oh i forgot to mention that it came with Bluetooth! ive noticed this is quite rare

I dont know if many people know, but with the bluetooth, you get a cradle for your phone, which is a a piece of trim that replaces the cup holder behind the handbrake. I didnt really like the look of it, and my phone didnt fit on it, so i bought the original trim with the cup holder.

I also bought:

Vxr interior door handles

Coin holder/ashtray (genuine)

A set of Genuine corsa mats

And a new piece of trim, because there was a small mark on the original one. lol

One of the first things i also did, was removing the 'corsa' and 1.2 badges from the bootlid. I also knew straight away, that i wanted to have the grill black, so after some researching, i decided to get it professionally painted gloss black. I had a few stubby aerials laying around, so i tried them on. Unknown to me then, was because my car was fitted with bluetooth, i needed a 6mm threaded aerial. So i shopped about for one, and bought an audi one.

I thought it looked a little too monochrome, and needed a bit of colour. I had some pressed plates from the yellow arosa with the GB emblem, so i fitted these to give it a bit more flavour :thumbsup:

Haha, this one deserves a special thanks to Ryan off here. He was the first to do this people! I always hate, cleaning polish out the little dimples and lines on the rear clusters after polishing a car, so i wet sanded them off with some 2000 grit, and polished it back up. Looks far tidier imo.

Also just fitted some led numberplate bulbs. Just need to find some decent headlights now!

before

DSC06747.jpg

After

DSC06744.jpg

Thats about it. I couldnt be happier with it....well,i could......Just need a bigger engine lol. Its a 2011 model, so unfortunatly it still has the old vauxhall badge on the steering wheel and centre caps. (does anyone know how much the ones with the new badges cost?)

(still looking for the perfect lupo GTI though! :shifty:)

Thanks for reading, Mikey

Edited by mike89

Not really, just small things. The centre caps and steering wheel came with the old vauxhall badge on them instead of the new one, so im gonna try to get a new set of centre caps with the new emblem. Just changing bulbs atm, and thats about it. I love the way it looks standard, so im not going to try to mess with it. :yes:

I'll update this thread with any new stufff, but im just gonna try to keep it clean, like the ST.

Mikey

So when i got the car home, it sat in the garage for a good few days, whilst i got it cleaned up, and fitted some of the goodies i bought. Oh i forgot to mention that it came with Bluetooth! ive noticed this is quite rare

I dont know if many people know, but with the bluetooth, you get a cradle for your phone, which is a a piece of trim that replaces the cup holder behind the handbrake. I didnt really like the look of it, and my phone didnt fit on it, so i bought the original trim with the cup holder.

I also bought:

Vxr interior door handles

Coin holder/ashtray (genuine)

A set of Genuine corsa mats

And a new piece of trim, because there was a small mark on the original one. lol

One of the first things i also did, was removing the 'corsa' and 1.2 badges from the bootlid. I also knew straight away, that i wanted to have the grill black, so after some researching, i decided to get it professionally painted gloss black. I had a few stubby aerials laying around, so i tried them on. Unknown to me then, was because my car was fitted with bluetooth, i needed a 6mm threaded aerial. So i shopped about for one, and bought an audi one.

I thought it looked a little too monochrome, and needed a bit of colour. I had some pressed plates from the yellow arosa with the GB emblem, so i fitted these to give it a bit more flavour :thumbsup:

Haha, this one deserves a special thanks to Ryan off here. He was the first to do this people! I always hate, cleaning polish out the little dimples and lines on the rear clusters after polishing a car, so i wet sanded them off with some 2000 grit, and polished it back up. Looks far tidier imo.

Also just fitted some led numberplate bulbs. Just need to find some decent headlights now!

before

DSC06747.jpg

After

DSC06744.jpg

Thats about it. I couldnt be happier with it....well,i could......Just need a bigger engine lol. Its a 2011 model, so unfortunatly it still has the old vauxhall badge on the steering wheel and centre caps. (does anyone know how much the ones with the new badges cost?)

(still looking for the perfect lupo GTI though! :shifty:)

Thanks for reading, Mikey

Mikeyyyyy, Thats cool !!

Love it, keep up the good work Mikey, id love to see you own a GTI :thumbup:

Nice work on the lights :thumbsup:

Ryan

• 3 months later...

just been doing a few minor bits and pieces to the corsa recently.

Silvatec bulbs

Genuine SRI gaitor

Drivers side grab handle (didnt come with one)

Textured vinyl on the lower rear bumper

New headlight bulbs (Ring 120% brighter)

Rear bumper vinyl

So i found a place that sells the exact same textured vinyl that is also factory fitted on the door pillars, and attached it where the diffuser would normally sit. Now....this is the first time ive ever 'vinyled' anything, so it did take me a few hours to figure it out!! lol. But ive over the moon with it :)

DSC08079.jpg

DSC08159.jpg

New red stitched gaitor (genuine SRI one)

DSC07978.jpg

DSC08097.jpg

Drivers side grab handle

DSC07972.jpg

Silvatecs, nothing special

DSC08157.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

DSC08122.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

Mikey

Edited by mike89

Stunning Mike

cheers ryan! Im back to my old ways!

Right. When i first got the car, i said that i wasnt going to get carried away with it, like i did with the ST. Needless to say, boredum kicked in the last couple of days, and i got cracking with the underside, finally!

So, anyone familiar with the underside of a corsa (probably the same with any new vaux) its absoulutly smuthered in wax, and grease. Yes, i know this protects it, and im probably gonna get stick for taking it off, but it will stay clean, and ive left sections of it where its most needed.

So some photos showing the thickness of the gunk, and the extent of how much there is...

DSC08171.jpg

DSC08162.jpg

DSC08163.jpg

DSC08165.jpg

DSC08166.jpg

DSC08167.jpg

DSC08168.jpg

DSC08176.jpg

DSC08177.jpg

DSC08179.jpg

So, first part cleaned was the exhaust heat shield

DSC08180.jpg

Then the tank

DSC08183.jpg

Thickness of it on the axle and spring seat

DSC08186.jpg

End of first day. Most of it has been taken off the Rear beam, spring seats, petrol tank, and a heat shield. Small parts on the axle etc still remain, which i left for the next day.

DSC08189.jpg

Day 2.

Cut the cable ties which are holding the two pipes together to get better access behind it and around the pipes

DSC08190.jpg

Cleaned, and fitted black cable ties instead of the white ones.

DSC08192.jpg

Wheel well cleaned

DSC08193.jpg

Random area

DSC08194.jpg

drivers side not cleaned to show what it looked like before. passenger side degreased, clayed and polished the waxed

DSC08197.jpg

DSC08195.jpg

DSC08196.jpg

DSC08205.jpg

DSC08206.jpg

Finished product. Springs havnt been fully cleaned yet or the rear drums

DSC08210.jpg

DSC08213.jpg

Thanks for looking. Next, the other half of the car!

Mikey

Crazy work mikey! I remember your ST was immaculate underneath, this looks to be going the same way. What products did you use? Degreaser and APC?

Keep it up, Alex