Ats Classics

minime

Looking to get some ATS Classics bought this week... just wanting to know what size should i go for and what tyres to get for the stretched look.

i have 2 options 8x13 and 7x13. i dont want to have to do any arch work on my 1.4 e lupo. also i am in the process of getting some coilovers off philj and preferable i would want these wound down to thre lowest setting and still have the wheels fit ok...

Tyres to.. i have no idea about sizes and so forth. " well i know what the whle 195/55/13 for instance means. but how do you equate that to a 8x13 or 7x13 rim.

cheers people.

Adam

ahhh you sound like me, last week.

I just bought them off eBay, and got 8x13 on rear, and 7x13 on the front, with 175/50 tread on. Check out my thread in ReadersRides to see what it looks like, as standard on a 1.4E.

I am looking at getting Lowering Springs instead of coils because I measured it all up and I reckon the most I can go is 60ml, before I start scraping absolutely everything, because the wheels will drop the car 2 inches, just by putting these wheels on, so imagine dropping it another 100ml with coils. Wont be fun...

Look for Lilmickys brown Lupo on 13s. Imo thats the kind of stance you need to pull of 13s or else it just looks gay.

Either commit to the ride height or get some bigger wheels!

oh im commited to go low, going for TA-Technix coilovers and want them all the way down.

DSC05867.jpg

however does this not require arch work or does it clear due to the stretch??

Look for Lilmickys brown Lupo on 13s. Imo thats the kind of stance you need to pull of 13s or else it just looks gay.

Either commit to the ride height or get some bigger wheels!

Very nice car. Great idea for the front Number plate... lol

They have been rolled out quite a bit. 13x8 ET0 165/55/13 tyres.

so do you think 13x7 would not require any rolling. or do you think that if i go 13's of any width, that i am going to have to get them rolled.

• 4 years later...

ive been looking at some ats classics but i cant seem to find anywhere that says they can actually go on a lupo without having to change more things, any help guys?

Serious??

There are a few lupos on classics.

How many wheels have you been looking at? Do some reading in the readers rides threads and see what fitments offsets widths etc work on lupos.

tbh you shouldnt have a problem with them catching. my old wheels were 15" 7J, on TA's had everything down as low as i could and all i did was roll the lip a little. 13" wheels, on decent tyres should have plenty of clearance.

tbh you shouldnt have a problem with them catching. my old wheels were 15" 7J, on TA's had everything down as low as i could and all i did was roll the lip a little. 13" wheels, on decent tyres should have plenty of clearance.

That is a useless statement though, it all depends on offset.

That is a useless statement though, it all depends on offset.

tbh it is slightly useless, but if you have 13's with low profile tyres, you should have stacks of clearance whatever the offset :)

tbh it is slightly useless, but if you have 13's with low profile tyres, you should have stacks of clearance whatever the offset :)

I suppose so, but too wide or too low offset would still look gash.....awaits red lupo on banded steels pic

im not a fan of banded steels tbh :) but i have 8.5J Oz Turbo's on my lupo with a bit of poke and IMO they look pretty good :) i'll have to update my thread sometime!

im not a fan of banded steels tbh :) but i have 8.5J Oz Turbo's on my lupo with a bit of poke and IMO they look pretty good :) i'll have to update my thread sometime!

OZ turbos are awesome!!

I wasn't referring to your car on banded steels btw, I guess you haven't seen the red lupo that is on13x10 banded steels sitting like a tractor....:lol:

Edit: here's what I'm talkin about

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=71731

Edited by ministig
  • Like 1