GTi rear arches..............

Daz Smith

..........Is it a simple-ish cut and shut job to fit these to a standard Lupo?? Can you buy them ready to weld on even?? I know a bit of a stupid question but thought I'd ask anyway!!!

And i take it the GTi front end (bumper, arches, bonnet and lights) would be a straight swap?? Don't ask why you would wanna do this... I know it sounds silly but it isn't!! Can't say much more than that

Cheers in advance

Daz

Yep, the fronts are a straight swap I think - but you'd need GTI lights as well (and the xenons don't come cheap at about £600 per complete unit from VW). GTI wings would also leave a space for the GTI sill which runs along the car, and then there are the rear arches - a welding job if you're up to it I guess... then the rear bumper.

i may be wrong but i thought the gti was a bit wider than a standard lupo so it may be very difficult to do although there used to be a 1.4tdi with the gti front and rear down my way last year so it can be done

apparently that was a gti with a golf gtitdi engine in it stevie.i may be wrong tho...

apparently that was a gti with a golf gtitdi engine in it stevie.i may be wrong tho...

He always maintained that it started life as a TDI. Either way, putting a TDI in a GTI shell still wouldn't be that straightforward (albeit easier than modifying the bodywork, probably).

I'm sure the GTi would only be wider because of the arches... the actual shell can't be different, would cost too much to manufacture 2 different shells!

Yep, I think the arches are pretty much the only difference on the actual shell.