Let the buyer beware

RATBOYMK3

Hi all, small item of importance, spotted a loop gti on Pistonheads last eve. Called the guy based in halifax about the car. All seemed good, pics were nice, girlfriend loved it- sorted, or so i thought. Agreed a price, arranged for a guy to pick it up as i am based in northern ireland. Went on the bay this mornin lookin for a few nice bits, spotted the same car for sale at almost 2k less. Called the guy bout it, all of a sudden played dumb said it was his brother who must have put it up behind his back, ai right. Told me last night car never been hit but on the bay recorded as cat d. Also said on the ad he had a new s'less system which was goin with the car, yet never mentioned it to me. Told me he would ask his brother about it, yet it was his name,number and details funny that, needless to say he was ranted at and told to shove it, strong words i know but was he not out of order?

Car is a silver gti, 53k, private plate v4 sax, dude's name is jav, watch your back peeps :angry:

Flipping ek, I emailed that dude but decided not to go and see it because of the name on the email.

Haha, i've been talking to him too, was going to go and take a look on wednesday!!

Thanks so much for the heads up on that, i'll tell him to stuff it!

Cheers

Oh the benifits of being on here!

V4 SAX, I think it may have been this one as there are used to bepics of it in his photobucket account...

EDIT: it can't be as this ones a 53 plate :rolleyes:

Edited by jon_273

Great heads-up on this one!

I had already emailed the guy about coming to look at the car, but after reading this I'll steer well clear :swerve:

Oh, and one small gripe...please don't refer to Halifax as Huddersfield :tongueout: it's known round here as "Scallyfax" for good reason :lol:

Guest Lauryn

What a cheeky lovely person, hes already selling it cheap so may as well confirm its been in a crash! I've had a crap day, got a good mind to phone him just to have a rant! :lol: