I win!

elliecjno1

Driving home from my mates about an hour ago, sat behind a white transit (I have seen parked up at the gypsy site at the bottom of town) with no rear plates at some lights, the van rolls back about 2 foot and stopped (I was just considering rolling back myself because there was no-one behind me incase it didnt stop, but it did).

Anyway, all of a sudden a person in the back of the van opened the back door full slamming it into the front of my car, and then closed it again! At this point the lights were green so the van pulls off fast and instead of changing lanes for the filter home (of course I was now seeing red) I decided to try and get revenge - at this point I didnt know whether my car was damaged or not.

I pulled alongside it hooted and gave some hand gestures (as you do) and then cut infront hoping to get the front plate - and there wasnt one. So at this point doing 60 in a 40 with the transit behind me I thought Id take matters into my own hands & brake just enough to shake him up. So I did. The driver then panics, swerves up over the kerb onto the pavement losing a back wheel and nosedived off down the embankment to the lawns of some oap bungalows! The angle he was going the bank when I looked back I would be at all surprised if it toppled over! Was tempted to turn & have a look but on my better judgement just headed home, I havent stopped laughing.

And the only damage (if you can class it as that) on my car was a scrape on my plate luckily, from the noise it made I thought it was going to be alot worse!

Owell, I WIN :shades:

Edited by elliecjno1

Sounds good, just hope they don't know where your car lives!

Im safe, I live a good few miles from where it happened and even further from their caravan site. Plus Im in a tiny dead end road with my car out of view blocked up the drive infront of parents ^_^

oaps places are fine, its like a huge square of bungalows all with there own gardens about a good 500 yards back off the road the very least, just at the front of the area theres a huge field/lawn just down the embankment between the road and the bungalows which are all the way at the back of it. wouldnt have found it funny if they were anywhere near doing damage to anything - my aunty lives down there lol.

didnt think theyd swerve anyway, I was a good distance infront and only touched my brakes barely changing speed.

didnt think theyd swerve anyway, I was a good distance infront and only touched my brakes barely changing speed.

Well, either way - brake testing is a really bad idea.

I hate to be the person to put a dampner on your story, but what would it have acheived if they ran in to the back of your car? Clearly they were uninsured. What if the accident had been worse and one/more of them had been seriously injured or died? Could you live with literally killing someone for putting a scratch on your car? Perhaps a spell in the cells for death by dangerous driving?

I know perhaps you didn't consider these things at the time, so don't take this the wrong way. I just think that avoiding them and reporting them might have been a better idea (even if that didn't really acheive anything). There's no reason to get yourself in trouble for scum like that.

I know, your totally right in what your saying, it was a stupid idea and all of what youve said went through my head afterwards.

Im not trying to justify myself but it was the spur of the moment and I wasnt thinking straight, was furious the bloke who opened the back door purposefully took a harder swing opening the door fully after seeing I was behind them, if it was some getting out and dinked it by accident, fair enough I can deal with that. If they had a plate, I would have taken the reg and reported it end of story, but because they didnt I went infront to look back and get the front plate, wasnt one there either which is why I did what I did. I wouldnt want anyone going into the back of me which is why I did it a good distance infront with the just the idea it would slow them up and get them to stop trying to catch up with me or even follow me - I didnt know what they were upto. Anyway, I know I was wrong doing it, you always think of the consiquences later :paperbag:

Doesnt help Im hot headed either :blush:

while i in now way condone such actions

YAAAAAY!!! FREE Pint for you should we ever meet.

So you caused a van to go off the road, and you think thats a good idea? Regardless of what they did to you thats the most foolish thing I've heard on here for awhile.

I would delete the topic, but I'm reluctant to so people can read about exactly what not to do on the roads. I don't care what they did to you, there is little excuse for doing something so risky.

Topic closed after complaint.

Just to be clear, the references to 'Pikeys' and Gypos' in this post do not refer to any particular race, and are squarely aimed at people that blatently flout the law.