Lupo 'Open Air'

Daz Smith

Can anyone shed some light on what years they did 'open air' Lupo's and what engines they came with and what colours they are available in?

Or just a link to where I can find out. I can't seem to find anything!!

EDIT Am I right in thinking its an option on all Lupos except GTi's and therefore they could be any colour/trim/spec (except GTi)?? Think I've answered my own question!!

Cheers in advance

Daz

Edited by Daz Smith

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if an open air roof can be retro-fitted quite easily?

As I imagined!!! Just wouldnt mind some up-top ventilation :P

open airs awesome in summer,

however it makes a lot if noise in the ran.

there is also a fair amount of road noise / wind noise

Does anyone know if an open air roof can be retro-fitted quite easily?

not easily but yes.

I just reckon it would be awesome. I dont even have a sunroof in my car, I see your point though chris. With my car's boat-like handling, it wouldnt take much to put it on the roof :P

Would it actually have a detrimental effect on the handling though? You haven't been in my Arosa, the handling isnt that great!

i'd imagine it would change for the better, take the weight out of the roof would lower the C of G but then again if you need to put loads of metal in to strengthen it its gonna make it worse

I didnt think it'd make that much difference. Yeah it'd benefit from having lack of metal in the roof, but then I'd have to whack gert rails and motor in there. Maybe I'll just utilise the windows :P

I'm sure there are companies that can put in sunroofs as a retro fit, no reason why I couldn't be done on a Lupo really.

I'm sure a relative of mine had a roof like the open air ones in a Lupo fitted to her Corsa, that was years back though.

the company is called 'webasto'...they do all kind and they're pretty freakin cool in my eyes.

I'd say my soft top is pretty cool and it still handles sweet thanks to the strengthening bars down sides and at back...plus a front upper strut brace. It's not a Lupo though...

01072008316-1.jpg

I'm a girl so I'm allowed. :)

Nope, I dont get much motorway noise!

Ive had my roof out and down to the bare cutout. I had a quick look if it was possible for a retro fit and it would be easy. Just a bit of jigsaw and bending work. Then just wire up the motor and your away! :shades: