Good but cheap mods??

Alex_225

What have you done to your Loop thats hardly cost you anything?

Sometimes the cheapest thing sare the most satisfying. I went into one of those warehouse 'superstores' on Saturday, you know the kind of place, bit like a cash and carry but with more random stuff. Had the obligatory car section, I now know where foreign cab drivers buy those random bits of fake chrome to stick on their bumpers.

Anyway, found these aluminium airials for...................£1 So picked myself up a couple and have to say its pretty good. the thread went straight on from the one I had before. Think I've got one of the stubbiest airials around! lol Probably no better quality than your usual Ripspeed ones but for that price I'm not complaining.

Airial.jpg

Airial2.jpg

They also had a load of car cleaning products. Well as a cleaning geek I wasn't going to subject my car to paste wax, in a tin with an application also for a quid. But the microfibre cloths were only 90p, so got a few of them anyway. Perfect for detailing your interior or places where a more pricey cloth would get ruined.

So anyway, what you done to your car thats cheap and decent?

Edited by Alex_225

Colour coded the black bit in the rear VW badge.

Well pleased with how it came out.

DSC08688.jpg

Suppose it would work out quite a bit with the plastic primer, colour and lacquer, but I already had all the paint so it was free really. ;)

• Like 1

Wheel trims, three different looks for £7.50

Image247.jpg

Image275.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

Custom dial for CD player - free

Image215.jpg

Engine cover plaque - free

Image054.jpg

Black rear view mirror - £2

Image040.jpg

Wood plates - £1

DSC01218.jpg

Tinted front indicators and headlights - £5

DSC00277.jpg

Beetle bonnet badge - free

DSC01126.jpg

Who says you need a big budget? :coffee:

Edited by heartagram

i made my own beesting ariel from the lid of a vicks nasal inhalor and a bolt and painted it black with left over paint

so that was pretty much free as all the stuff was just lying about and looks top narna too boot

home made mods FTW!

Phone holder £6 from halfords, never miss a call or a text, also if i put my phone on loudspeaker i can talk handsfree whilst its in there :) looks quite cool aswel in the middle of the dash.

DSC08688.jpg

Suppose it would work out quite a bit with the plastic primer, colour and lacquer, but I already had all the paint so it was free really. ;)

i done the same! does make a difference when you do it! cost me nothing to :shades:

can c it a little in this OLD pic. dont diss the rear tint :blink: its not there anymore...

cars004.jpg

A push start button. I have got into the habit of turning off my engine at long lights or level crossings.

It gets really boring sitting with your hand on the key so i dont look like a tit taking ages to pull away,

It was also became a juggling act when the handbreak was on. yesterday i found the old push button i use to

have on the mini so i found some other bits and fitted it into a tube so i can reach it when my hand is on the handbreak

Warning turn the bass down on your PC before viewing the mic on my phone cant cope with my sub it sounds blown

quite loud on the vid CLICK

Polo rear wiper - £20, looks much smarter and works a load better.

But then, im amased no one has said dewipered yet!

Although, why do you turn your engine off at long sets of traffic lights? Just out of interest.

At a guess, to save fuel?

A fair few new eco driven cars have the stop start technology, saves fuel when your in traffic.

I think im right in saying that every one of the newest minis have the stop start feature.

Debadging. (Free)

Dewipering. (20p for a gromet)

Removing all the stupid stickers from the windows. (Free)

Delocking. (£10 + paint)

Detangoing the rear lights. (Free)

Edited by Philplop

Shorter Aerial - £10

Chrome front indicator bulbs - £4

Detangoing (:lol:) rear lights - free

Bora sunglasses holder - £20

Plain tax disc holder - free

Removing all stickers/dealer logos - free

Remove bump strips - free

For everything else - there's Mastercard.

• Like 1

DSC08688.jpg

ive done the same, did and was well pleased with myself coz i didn fink ne1 else had done it! lol looks good tho its subtle but makes a hell of a diffrence

• 2 months later...

DSC08688.jpg

looks ausome

did you have to take off the back badge to do it?

or did you just mark it up?