gti rear lights

andyyy

gti rear lights are the same as normal lupo rear lights

However, There is a special edition light commonly called the "cambridge edition" light as it appeared on the cambridge or SE versions of the lupo. Thats around £35 each from dealers I think, and thats the one thats smoked. :)

Oh i see, i wondered why some GTIs have just got the 'normal' lights.

Thanks for the help, might go and order some.

are there 3 types ? as ive seen some with a definite orange indicator section, but my e ones are all red except the reverse lights and theres a tdi near me with a smoked reverse light and indicator band

also are the smoked headlights and indicators an option or are they owner done or aftermarket ones???

cheers

dan

are there 3 types ? as ive seen some with a definite orange indicator section, but my e ones are all red except the reverse lights and theres a tdi near me with a smoked reverse light and indicator band

also are the smoked headlights and indicators an option or are they owner done or aftermarket ones???

cheers

dan

From what i gather there are stock Lupo ones (all red with white reverse section)

There are Cambridge Lupo lights which have a tinted indicator section (but some people tint that section themselves using Lupo or mk1 Arosa lights)

There are Arosa mk1 ones (with the orange indicator section)

The Mk2 Arosa ones are lexus-ish style and come in either a pink shade or a black shade but have different wiring to other Lupo/mk1 Arosa lights

There are also 3-4 different styles of aftermarket lexus lights but imo look gash!

As for headlights and indicators i've heard you can buy them (but arn't they in reverse or something due to different sides of the road?) however most are a diy job (there is a thread on here with a "how to" with decent pics)

From what i gather there are stock Lupo ones (all red with white reverse section)

There are Cambridge Lupo lights which have a tinted indicator section (but some people tint that section themselves using Lupo or mk1 Arosa lights)

There are Arosa mk1 ones (with the orange indicator section)

The Mk2 Arosa ones are lexus-ish style and come in either a pink shade or a black shade but have different wiring to other Lupo/mk1 Arosa lights

There are also 3-4 different styles of aftermarket lexus lights but imo look gash!

As for headlights and indicators i've heard you can buy them (but arn't they in reverse or something due to different sides of the road?) however most are a diy job (there is a thread on here with a "how to" with decent pics)

cheers ,yeah its a shame i really like the mk 2 arosa front end but the rear lights are proper bo,strangely mine came with tinted side repeaters but no other smoked lenses on the car,am fancying doing the headlights and indicators now

cheers ,yeah its a shame i really like the mk 2 arosa front end but the rear lights are proper bo,strangely mine came with tinted side repeaters but no other smoked lenses on the car,am fancying doing the headlights and indicators now

You can easily change the tail lights of the mk2 Arosa! Just a couple of wires need changing. Quite a few have done it and there is a how to on here aswell!

The so called UK Cambridge lights are also the standard spec for European GTI models.......no idea why they were not on our GTI's to begin with

May I add it sucks that they didn't just put them on ALL lupos as they look mint! I saw a black loop parked in swansea yesterday with them and was tempted to knock the door of the house to ask if i could give them £20 and swap the lights there and then lol! :blush: