quarter mile times?

joff16v

just wondering what sort of quarter mile times people have ran!

ive got a pretty much standard lupo gti and ran a 15.9 quarter and a 7.5 0- 60 this weekend at gti international!

i was really hoping for mid 15's but with the wind etc i dont spouse i can complain!

15.9 is and impressive time for the 1/4, that's not happened in a standard GTi at the pod. The 0-60 times seem to be well off from what i've read on various different forums, i'm not sure how they calculate it as they don't do it at the pod who are the only place in the country to have FIA approved timing gear. Nice result though, but you'd never see mid 15's in a standard GTi!

Edited by db

• 8 years later...

You gotta love a drag strip :D

I bet that gti is sweet to drive!

Many many moons ago i took my R32 to Santa pod, my fastest time of the day was 14 seconds and i think it was 98mph?? One poor chap blew the clutch on his new seat Ibiza just off the start line, i remember the AA refused to come onto the site so he was towed and pushed out onto the main road lol.

20 hours ago, FlipFlops said:

lol The guy in that rs4? Did he come past you?

nope he sure didn't there was a video on Facebook of that run can't remember what page now though was a while back hahaha