Strange "murmur" sound when ignition is switched off

Redfox

Not just me, either. I was chatting with another Fox (1.2) owner and he has also noticed this. I listen out for it now, lol. Slightly disturbing, yet strangely comforting............ As if my Fox is falling asleep after a job well done.

lol speaking of strange murmur's actually i get one after i use the remote central locking to unlock my car... as soon as i open the driver door i hear something...

the sales person that sold me the car said the remote locking would lock the petrol cap... but it doesn't... I thought when i opened the door it would unlock the tank so i could fill it lol....

no idea what it actually is

Some lupos prime the fuel tank when you open the door, not sure if foxes are the same, but that might explain the second murmur!

Could it be the fuel being unprimed when you turn off the car?

i would agree with cardaft on this one, its the pump swilling fuel ready to be started as the pipes empty otherwise... take the back seats out of an arosa, the black cover is your fuel pump, you'll hear it murmer, but not ifyouve run the car usually as fuels still sat through the pipework

• 7 months later...