Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

Cleaning is a weird thing. I mean I was cleaning things with those cotton buds for your ears a few weeks ago. I don't like cleaning, but once you get into it you just want things to be perfect. Cotton buds was a new low for me.

haha i know what you mean! cotton buds are a low i havent reach yet lol! Probably will do at some point! Chromed engine mount bolts i think will be my lowest :P

Alex you know I love your car

Cheers buddy means alot :D

Have just read all the way from 2009/2010

Love it !

Thanks Mark!

Had a quick half hour on the Lupo last night, got the engine mount, gearbox mount, power steering bracket, and the fuse box brackets all off ready to be painted. Speaking to my friend about having the engine bolts made in stainless, does anyone know if the originals are hardened? May just end up getting them plated to be on the safe side :)

Sorry state as it stands...

IMG_0923.jpg

Alex

seriously loving this dude, having all my brackets painted soon aswell :) tidys up the bay a hell of alot good idea with getting the bolts plated aswell

Thanks dude :) dropped the brackets and mounts with my paint man this evening. Was meant to be picking up my front bumper but was in my smart car so no room lol! Should have everything back on Saturday ready to start rebuilding on Sunday :)

Updates this week... Found some more things to clean and paint too... It never ends lol

Alex

Nnnnoooooo you can't alex, don't sell please, I so want this car so much :(

Cross my palm and its yours Lee. I'm in no rush to sell it but I do need to let it go and start spending some money on my house.. boring i know lol!

Guys you can't sell up :(....just sell all the stuff you replaced and not using lol...if you do sell make sure it goes to a good owner as me personally would cringe to see it get neglected

Cross my palm and its yours Lee. I'm in no rush to sell it but I do need to let it go and start spending some money on my house.. boring i know lol!

No you dont lol...........

On a serious note though this car is outstanding and you can tell you seriously love this car, amazing work.

Picked up my front bumper from the body shop at the weekend, fresh paint on upper and lower sections, smoothed the screw holes from where the number plate was previously attached, had the tow eye covers and washer covers done too

IMG_0960.jpg

Oh and new mirrors caps in silver too

IMG_0961.jpg

Carried on with the cleaning, attacked behind the rain tray yesterday... there was half a tree up behind it.. loads of leaves and dirt...

Before-

IMG_0943.jpg

After-

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

Took the wiper motor off and polsihed the motor and the metal bracket that you can see when the rain tray is fitted.. all about the little details lol

IMG_0957.jpg

Picked up my engine mounts and brackets aswell, had them finished in gloss black, paint is not perfect but for the price of a box of fags it'll do :)

IMG_0940.jpg

Quick one of my new power steering bracket-

IMG_0947.jpg

Engine bay as it stands, getting there now :D

IMG_0948.jpg

Thanks for looking, Alex

Picked up my front bumper from the body shop at the weekend, fresh paint on upper and lower sections, smoothed the screw holes from where the number plate was previously attached, had the tow eye covers and washer covers done too

IMG_0960.jpg

Snap! I'm picking mine up later today :) Looks good dude!

haha thanks Huw! Not long left now though mate just under 4 weeks, got to MOT, tax and insure it too lol

Alex

Yeah, I'm starting to worry a bit. Seeing lots of "UD prep" threads popping up and ours is still tucked away under cover lol. Will be good to catch up at UD though!