THE NEED FOR TORQUE!

cardaft

• 2 months later...
on the way are alloys (hopefully teardrops) and lowered 40mm

PM Me when you want your springs / suspension (If you want good quality stuff) :) I'll sort something out for you!

PM Me when you want your springs / suspension (If you want good quality stuff) :) I'll sort something out for you!

ooooooooo :P sounds great :) i was going to ask some advice actually, are coilovers better or springs? reason i ask is i have heard coilovers can be quite stiff and gives a hard ride, hopefully il be running 14 inch wheels so i could get away with 40mm drop springs right? since i heard springs give a better ride?

is a 40mm drop enough to make it look good on 14inch wheels but still keep a nice ride though? :D

coilovers or springs?

Edited by Sarah18082005

Springs can give a slightly bouncey ride but coilovers can be a lot less forgiving.

Coilovers are pretty much always going to give you better handling but you sacrifice some of the comfort.

40mm on 14's will be about spot on if you're looking at a "Normal" amount of lowering, however if you want to drop it, you'd be much better with the coilovers.

If you decide to go for coilovers, Don't just go for the cheepest ones available as they will never be very comfortable.

A lot of guys on here use the AP Coilovers which are pretty reasonable price wise and have had very good reviews all round!

Springs can give a slightly bouncey ride but coilovers can be a lot less forgiving.

Coilovers are pretty much always going to give you better handling but you sacrifice some of the comfort.

40mm on 14's will be about spot on if you're looking at a "Normal" amount of lowering, however if you want to drop it, you'd be much better with the coilovers.

If you decide to go for coilovers, Don't just go for the cheepest ones available as they will never be very comfortable.

A lot of guys on here use the AP Coilovers which are pretty reasonable price wise and have had very good reviews all round!

im only looking for around 40mm i think since the roads round here are very potholey in most places and i do alot of driving. just want it to look nice i dont want it on the floor really for practicality reasons.

maybe coilovers are the way forward then.. - il b after some in the next month or two i would imagine if you could get me a rough price? ;)

THANKS!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

they are indeed ibiza cupra wheels,

195/40/16 tyres

got some 10mm spacers to go on back wheels too,

lowered it 40mm, but need 60 for the back to level it out i think,

looking for some nice seats at the moment, and going to remap it for christmas,

will get a decent pic up when i actually clean it one day.

rob

Edited by rob@stoke