Nick from North Wales

veedub1955

Hi all im Nick from North Wales heres some pics of my rides and current ongoing project

Lupo 1.4S 16V bought two weeks ago 37K miles now on coilovers and running BMC induction,

soon to have exhaust and manifold, remap and 20 shots of nitrous lol

LupoandAudi2.jpg

1964 Volksrod (Beetle hotrod) ALL BUILT NOT BOUGHT!

Its had a 6 1/2 roof chop and im currently finishing off a 4 1/2 inch channel which very basically

is chopping 4 1/2 inches from around the bottom of the car, 1 inch from the floorpans and 3 1/2

inches by removing the heater channels (or sills on modern cars) and replacing with 8mm thick

flat steel then modifying the front bulkhead and raising the boot floor, the bootfloor is also raised

a further 3 inches so I can mount the gearbox 3 inches higher, thus lowering it 3 inches naturally

then im going to slam the rear a further 5 inches. The front suspension is going to be classic

hotrod Ford 1930 iBeam drilled to save weight and dropped a further 3 inches, the mounting

lowers the front 4 inches then the spindles im machining will lower it a further 2 1/2 inches, so

imagine the front bonnet of a beetle with the lower front panel removed, the bonnet will sit 1 inch

from the floor but all the suspension will be pretty much riding like normal. The roof will be about

belly button height so nice and low! Ive also tubbed the rear arches so i can fit massive rubber

out back classic wide crossplies, while having plenty of clearence. The engine is going to be a

beetle engine but 2.3 litre with a supercharger mounted on top, the scoop will sit just above roof

height at the back so should look and sound hard as nails. Im aiming for 11 sec 1/4 miles with it,

my last beetle ran a 10.1 sec 1/4 with turbo and nitrous (the lupe will be getting a dose of the old

laughing gas when i get rount to it lol)

Picture0053.jpg

Picture0021.jpg

Picture0012.jpg

I was awarded 'Crazy lovely person of the month' on the US volksrods site www.volksrods.com where they

pick the best project, im the first and only one in the UK to gain this award, well chuffed

volksrodscbotm.jpg

Picture0041.jpg

Picture0031.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture0051.jpg

Picture0042.jpg

Picture0011.jpg

2007_09090024.jpg

2007_09090023.jpg

2007_09090022.jpg

DSCF1397.jpg

2007_07120004.jpg

2007_07120003.jpg

2007_07120002.jpg

And this is what roughly it will look like

stinkbug2.jpg

stinkbug.jpg

But at a bit higher than this height

death1.jpg

death2.jpg

death3.jpg

Yeah i do, whats your ride so I can look out for you

Still not seen yours yet Nath whens the next meet?

Roof chopped Lupo anyone got a spare roof lying around :rolleyes:

Yeah i do, whats your ride so I can look out for you

Still not seen yours yet Nath whens the next meet?

Roof chopped Lupo anyone got a spare roof lying around :rolleyes:

There will be two next month it will be up on vagwales once they have decided.

Mine is sold now mate but Mat has it from the club so no doubt you will see it at the meets.

retronick Do you have a silver RS beetle and you brother works in assembly used to have a Type 3 Varient?

If so I used to be in alltypes, had a mint orange GT beetle with 2litre engine and a knarly blue 71 with stinger

and supercharged 1500

GTI T yeah I know deeside college used to work up the road in queensferry next to the ice rink you from round

there?

Nath what you getting next?

Edited by veedub1955

retronick Do you have a silver RS beetle and you brother works in assembly used to have a Type 3 Varient?

If so I used to be in alltypes, had a mint orange GT beetle with 2litre engine and a knarly blue 71 with stinger

and supercharged 1500

GTI T yeah I know deeside college used to work up the road in queensferry next to the ice rink you from round

there?

ARGH!!! u know more about my life than i do ha, It's my other bro with the RSI, yeah am my other bros in assembly. Im like the youngest kid.

and supercharged 1500

there?

Im from manchester matey

I commute to Deeside to study aircraft engineering though so im over there every day