Attn AndyW

Crusoe

dad just chopped in his diesel punto for a new panda 100hp in white, optional smoked chrome alloys and red callipers and a red go faster stripe.

similar to this novitec%20fiat%20panda%20100hp%201.jpg

Had a go and after driving around in the beemer it felt unsafe lol, hardly any miles on it so didn't have much of a play but ride was terrible, understeered everywhere and brakes were wooden :D looked quite cool and the gearbox was nice but that's about it, have to try it later on when it's got a few more miles and it can be thrashed to the red line when it might make more sense. Suzuki swift sport worth the extra if anyone was considering one IMO.

Hmm... different report to Andy's. :huh:

I seen a white one like this in Perth t'other day. Looked fab in white!

probably my dad's he picked it up from arnold clark in perth a few days ago, wil lend up as my mum's car probably. It's more a cream colour than white too when you see it up close.

IMO thats an ugly car... looks like a van? :confused:

Unsafe LOL, you BMW drivers. :) Sure, it feels much higher and compared with a low M-sport equipped BM its going to feel a bit different.

You are partly right on the brakes, they are grabby and frustrating when you first drive the car, but once you work them out the brakes are actually very capable.

Different opinion to most I think! They've been very well rated across the board. Crusoe's pic looks quite pimp, but I'd stick to standard.

And anyway, BWM drivers aren't allowed to have an opinion on any other cars ;)

Edit - When are your articles being published Andy?

Edit - When are your articles being published Andy?

The Panda is in issue 120, comes out on the 25th I think. Am looking forward to it, it was a tricky set of cars to photograph, mostly quite dull colours bar the Megane 225, and I'm interested to see how the pro shots came out.

Fiat Panda = cool

Fiat Bravo = fat Punto but still looks good and an awesome interior

Fiat Grande Punto = looks great, very cool

Fiat 500 = just awesome

Fiat are on a roll imo

Fiat Bravo = fat Punto but still looks good and an awesome interior and the back looks like the new Ibiza :lol:

Fiat are on a roll imo

ibiza2_305.jpg

Fiat%20bravo%20photo.jpg

Edited by Jowey

That's just made my mind up, we're sticking with the MK4. The new one looks so lame and engines carried over. The Bravo looks rank too.

There was a thread about the new Ibiza, I can't remember if I got around to posting in it, but it looks so boring. When they released the 5dr pics they said with the press release 'don't worry, the 3dr will look all sporty and coupey!' and then they gave us this...

9080603.010.Mini2L.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what exactly is the point of Seat again?

There was a thread about the new Ibiza, I can't remember if I got around to posting in it, but it looks so boring. When they released the 5dr pics they said with the press release 'don't worry, the 3dr will look all sporty and coupey!' and then they gave us this...

9080603.010.Mini2L.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what exactly is the point of Seat again?

The point of SEAT (and Skoda) is to iron out bugs in platforms before VAG rip off the public with the VW and Audi variants.

Apparently, it's lower than the 5-door, but the rear axle is the boggo one, not multilink as rumoured (presumably to mule it in real life before the Audi A1 hits the streets). It looks so generic, I would have expected more from a brand that has been happy to be a little different than the competition.

Unless the FR and Cupra models are substantially more interesting and exciting, I think this is, as far as an enthusiasts car goes, dead in the water.

Watch it sell millions.

see i quite like the back and feel the dodgy swage lines down the sides and the dull dated front end let it down more than anything

to be fair it isnt tooo far away from its concept routes.

ibiza.gif

Edited by Jowey

• 2 weeks later...

Dragging this back from page 4 or something and continuing to veer away from the Fiat Panda, I think this could be interesting where the Ibiza isn't

fiestahasseltmb6.jpg

I've no idea if it's just a kit or something altogether more interesting, but it looks OK to me.

Dragging this back from page 4 or something and continuing to veer away from the Fiat Panda, I think this could be interesting where the Ibiza isn't

fiestahasseltmb6.jpg

I've no idea if it's just a kit or something altogether more interesting, but it looks OK to me.

might be worth an autocar e-mail with that one, think it's the new fiesta? Not out for a while yet

http://jalopnik.com/356753/ford-fiesta-thr...a-for-us-market

Not one of mine, I lifted it from SCN in their MK5 Ibiza section. It is a MK8 (depending on how you look at things) Fiesta.

Looks like rear drums, so not an ST variant, but tasty all the same. Rear vision might be a challenge!

I'm gonna put my neck on the line and say I like the new Ibiza. Some of the press shots Seat UK have released have been terrible though.

Heres a better real world shot:

seat_ibiza_2008_206.jpg

The pricing is pretty competitive and the equipment levels are good to.

See here for pricing and spec:

Clicky