the rocco

Boy'dup

notice how tidy the bodywork is!

Looks really nice mate, is it yours? What are the plans for it, or is it just a weekend car?

If you do take it out i'm sure I don't need to say this but be careful of the deer! It would be a shame to ruin such a nice car, and I doubt it would stand up as well as your arosa did :)

It's an early mk2, looks in good condition from those pics. Has it been stood on hard ground or in a field?

Any engine bay shots?

hard standing in a shed, sheds being knocked down for dads new garage you can see in the back.

dunno what i'm doing with it yet, needs a fair few things done to get it back on the road, cant imagine it being a daily

its mine if i so wish essentially, no engine bay shots as of yet, the bloomin' catch decided not to open today

i still cant believe i got it out under its own steam, bloody miracle really, mind you was under the bonnet for quite some time sunday

any one know if its got servo brakes? need to know for upgrading purposes

pop the bonnet and look for a servo.

just remember, the brakes will be crap regardless. Upgrade to some mk2 16V ones at least.

as i mentioned i was having bonnet issues

so close to jimmying it with a bar

and then i thought, we'll do it differently so i took to the interior instead

pulled all the seats out and set to steam cleaning everything and i mean everything

as i mentioned i was having bonnet issues

so close to jimmying it with a bar

and then i thought, we'll do it differently so i took to the interior instead

pulled all the seats out and set to steam cleaning everything and i mean everything

all mk 2 sciroccos have servos. The main cause of brake sloppyness is the peddle linkage to the servo/MC.

Good upgrade is the one from a citi golf as its stronger. I have 256mm discs and vauxhall calipers on the front of mine and will be using 9" servo and 22mm MC when i get round to it but i have had a number of roccos that were fine with standard equipment and fresh discs and pads.

Anyway what ever you do dont split a good one like that :shades:

all mk 2 sciroccos have servos. The main cause of brake sloppyness is the peddle linkage to the servo/MC.

Good upgrade is the one from a citi golf as its stronger. I have 256mm discs and vauxhall calipers on the front of mine and will be using 9" servo and 22mm MC when i get round to it but i have had a number of roccos that were fine with standard equipment and fresh discs and pads.

Anyway what ever you do dont split a good one like that :shades:

excellent, any do's and don'ts i should know before ploughing into this?

planning to keep it pretty standard, shame to spoil it. the only rust i could find was on the door, about the size of a 50p, and the exhaust obv

got any pics of yours?

excellent, any do's and don'ts i should know before ploughing into this?

planning to keep it pretty standard, shame to spoil it. the only rust i could find was on the door, about the size of a 50p, and the exhaust obv

got any pics of yours?

Totally solid cars, check the fuel filler neck for corrosion they rust like nothing else and clog the carb etc. Other than that they are totally under estimanted ,feel free to ask any questions and check out the scirocco register

Currently fitting a nice set of Konis to my 16v conversion cant wait :shades:

I think you should turn it into a delorian.

i had a rocco in black best car i ever ownd realy good to drive on twisty roads get the breaking right and ull be fine then i got ride and i got a corrado thats just as good :lol:

• 5 months later...

to update for philplop, clairey and liam... this bad boys going down hill rapidly

might end up in the scrappy soon if i cant get going on it before christmas, dry stored for 12 years and now its almost as if the lovely persons rotting in front of my eyes

theres always room for another volkswagen though ;)

Shame. :(

Not that I particularly like (or dislike) Rocco's. :lol: Just not nice to see another car bite the dust due to rust! So it's been sitting outside then? My Beetle went the same way, although that was rusted to buggery to start with.

Waxoyl the fek out of it, its good stuff my old mini is not rusting much just sat on the drive doing nothing.

I got very good rust fighting, late 80s minis have to be the quickest rusting cars ever. Pond lining repair tape is also

really useful at sealing the gutters and panel joins when a car is sat doing nothing

Just remember to remove the waxoyl before you weld, its not like i was stupid enough to set my car alight :whistle:

• 2 months later...

update... nothing exciting because i broke my camera

and this is technically old news but i forgot to whack it up

took unheards advice rubbed down the surface rust and waxoyld the lot underneath and it seems to be doing the trick. the pond tape was a good shout too

hopefully i'll get it MOT able soon but as a student its hard to find the time and the money