Blinded by the lights

strudle

I own a "57" 1.2 urban fox, its been a great car and still liking it v much,

however when ever i decide to take a drive at night i always see the car in front adjusting there rear view mirror, i have also even had a driver kindly put his rear fog light on to retaliate to what seems to be my inconsideratation, that was until i decided to flash him with the full beam to prove i werent being a typical micra driver and being dumb leaving my full beam on.

i have the height of the beam set to its lowest, looked at the bulb positioning within the cluster, and neither myself or VW have found error,

yet the mirror adjustments continue in the car in front.

has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to resolve it??

hope to hear soon,

and please if im being dumb feel free to take the pi$$.

Hmmm , haven't noticed anyone getting agitated................. There is a control on the left column stalk for adjusting the beam according to how much wieght you're carrying, but you've probably tried changing that, right?

Couldn't your VW dealer actually test the car at night. Seems a bit irresponsible of them not to have done so.

yeah tried changing the stalk settings, its been set to its lowest position, im gonna get VW to take another look as im not sure what they did last time to check, another fox owner i know seems to think her beams are fairly high also so maybee its normal.

hi i work at vw in carlisle and the reason for this is beacause the fox is alot higher up that any other vehicle on the road therefore your lights are in there line of view.my fox is lowered so i do not have this problem

Taller than, for example, a Range Rover? I think not. No, it sounds like a one-off problem to me.

I've actually noticed that my lights are very bright up front. I notice that signs road signs are lit up by me.

I have a 57 fox also.

Has anyone else noticed that the break lights are EXTREMELY bright??? I look in my review mirror and see ALL the signs and number plates behind me are all red!!! not modified!!

*edit*

if you didn't see my thread, i've got tinted windows and i still light up all the signs and number plates when i break.. so it must be the side lights that are bright and/or the middle break light

Edited by Tatsumaru

I have an 07 and some woman flashed me I only had my side lights on ! I have also noticed that I light up everything on the road front and back.

love the car though better than my mum and dads.