Supercharger...

Mario Blue Eyes

Ive been reading up on supercharges lately, as im looking to purchase one.

Ive been looking at the m45 eaton which as i understand is the mini cooper s one... I have then been on the eaton website and read about 5th generation supercharges. Can somebody clarify what this is for me? Is it a new version of supercharger, i.e. the m45 off a fairly new cooper s will be a 5th generation supercharger?

I have also heard about a shurrock supercharger. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to getting one of these compared to the eaton?

Thanks, Mario

Not sure when the eaton changed over, but I have a friend who was going to supercharge his polo gti and had a change of heart. He's looking to sell the charger (delivery miles only) and has some custom made adapters for the inlet and outlet feeds. PM me if you want his number, or you maybe able to track him down on clubpolo. :shades:

Not sure when the eaton changed over, but I have a friend who was going to supercharge his polo gti and had a change of heart. He's looking to sell the charger (delivery miles only) and has some custom made adapters for the inlet and outlet feeds. PM me if you want his number, or you maybe able to track him down on clubpolo. :shades:

i def want it! hehe

thats exactly what im looking for... :)

Can you pm me his number?

Cheers, Mario

Thats because the eaton supercharger is made for factory mini cooper s's, the chargers often come up for sale because customers do the works conversion and that replaces the factory charger.

What im trying to say is eaton dont do a kit its all custom to get it to fit and run. The rotrex is more of a universal charger but again everything is custom and their a lot more expensive. The only way of getting a kit would be to contact a tuning company that has carried out the custom fitment of one before and can therefore advise you on the parts you would need. Jabba sport or storm developments would probably be pretty helpful.

• 2 years later...

Yes, I sell one.

Payment by BACS only, £1,495 delivered. You don't even need to send me the delivery address

p.s. My name is George Agdgdgwengo

Edited by nfbr

I was actually once designing a kit build version of mine, but then i decided against it as its just too much time to waste for about 5 people to buy kits, has to be gti specific and sport specific etc etc. Its Just not worth it.

Its not an easy conversion, i very much doubt anyone could produce an off the shelf kit for it.

John

so how did u build your one seen it in the mag looks fab how much it cost 2 super charge it mate

Believe it or not I used my head, looked at it and designed everything myself, using certain ideas derived from other projects.

100% build not bought. It's cost thousands to get it to where it is now, on the engine to date I've spent a good 7000 now. I'd hate to think how much it would have cost including labour... Probably double what it cost.

Believe it or not I used my head, looked at it and designed everything myself, using certain ideas derived from other projects.

100% build not bought. It's cost thousands to get it to where it is now, on the engine to date I've spent a good 7000 now. I'd hate to think how much it would have cost including labour... Probably double what it cost.

:lol: shame some other people in this world cant do the same!!!

To be fair tho I think some people are going to excel at that sort of thing, I mean John is an aeroplane engineer so whatever he does it has to be spot because mistakes cost lives really, so he's already really technically minded, some of us aren't quite so lucky!! This lad might be able to win against casper hands down in a cook off, not questioning your kitchen skills John, I'm just saying! People have their own talents and some may need help with things they aren't naturally gifted at and shouldn't be rebuked for it. That said, I feel the line of questioning this lad has used is abit..........gash, so I guess its ok, he'll learn!

If you can't sing don't enter a singing competition. Go buy a cd instead. Also I think the term ' used my head ' can be used so many ways and fits perfectly , if he used his head he might realise he hasn't the talent or knowledge to build it so might as well research options and costs for someone else to do it.

• Like 1