Project GTI - Mmmm carbon .......

elliecjno1

No worries bud. Will you be at edition 38 this year?

I haven't checked the dates but it always seems to clash with Gti Festival at Pod. If its the same this year we'll be at Pod again

very nice loving the wheel choice!!

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys :wub: great shot too! I nearly didn't go yeterday. Shortly after leaving I hit a dead rabbit. I thought I could clear it but it hit the front splitter and pulled it down. I managed to fix it and made it to Inters but finished it off on the way home :(

A5F1FD35-EAC3-4C17-B58F-996DCFB7C9DF_zps

The only consolation was winning the class in te show and shine.

F0E2C98A-3016-42F3-9635-0568E4610E2B_zps

• 1 month later...

Last weekend I got around to fixing the splitter. It was so much easier this time with a template to cut and drill from :lol:

DSC_0073-1_zps86d94a28.jpg

Then the winter prep began this weekend. The car will be going in after E38/VW Action for the new subframe to be fitted along with new calipers, coilovers, topmounts, wishbones and bushes etc. I picked up some spare calipers a few weeks back so stripped them down and repainted them. I'm not sure I'll win any awards for painting but they're certainly a lot better than before.

DSC_0066-1_zpsf2188ffe.jpg[/url

DSC_0067-2_zpscb7f8a10.jpg

And a couple of shots from Inters

3BA8033D-E9A3-46D4-AFE7-3DD163E4E0BF_zps

C5E39C5B-49D3-457C-B985-D6CDDE60905F_zps

]16D13E07-876D-4F35-B06A-D40557187015_zps

Edited by Huw Pugh
  • Like 2

Two things.

1). My local place will powdercoat a set of caliper/carriers for £20, stop being cheap and find your own local place.

2). They're still not going to let you indoors at ultimate dubs, you're going to get the real owner to do it. . . ..

I've spent the last couple of days sat at work for hours on end reading this threat, although I'm not one for polishing and cleaning until I can see peoples thoughts in the paint this is by far the best Lupo I've ever seen in any genre period.

I'm new here and hope to do my own build soon but seriously kudos to you and El. :)

• 5 months later...

I've spent the last couple of days sat at work for hours on end reading this threat, although I'm not one for polishing and cleaning until I can see peoples thoughts in the paint this is by far the best Lupo I've ever seen in any genre period.

I'm new here and hope to do my own build soon but seriously kudos to you and El. :)

Thanks mate. Its always nice to read things like that.

There's not been a lot to report. A house purchase has slowed plans down a little but I can't wait to get the car back out again for show season. Gave it a little clean on the weekend.

20150215_153905_zpsixcys081.jpg

DSC_0170-7_zpsw2ngz4mu.jpg

DSC_0145-1_zps9afmkkro.jpg

DSC_0149-2_zpsjeml5v5r.jpg

DSC_2271-2_zps99jzrp4z.jpeg

DSC_0158-3_zps18lfaydj.jpg

InstaSize_2015_1%20_%2090127_zpseitdduf1