Project GTI - Mmmm carbon .......

elliecjno1

Thanks guys, means alot! It's taken a lot of effort this year as we seem to keep having problem after problem - wheels, tyres, brakes, carbon. Thankfully the wheels seem to be sorted, and the brakes and carbon will be soon. There've been a few evenings where I've considered packing it in but thankfully I'm too stubborn lol.

Thanks guys, means alot! It's taken a lot of effort this year as we seem to keep having problem after problem - wheels, tyres, brakes, carbon. Thankfully the wheels seem to be sorted, and the brakes and carbon will be soon. There've been a few evenings where I've considered packing it in but thankfully I'm too stubborn lol.

Looks just awesome Huw, a real credit to you! Keep plugging away at it and it will all come together in the end!

Alex

Think of the end product after all this hard work though and it will all be worth it, it's already looking stunning so far so any little niggles can be over come. VW/Audi day at Combe again in July? :)

Looks just awesome Huw, a real credit to you! Keep plugging away at it and it will all come together in the end!

Alex

Cheers Alex :wub:

Think of the end product after all this hard work though and it will all be worth it, it's already looking stunning so far so any little niggles can be over come. VW/Audi day at Combe again in July? :)

Definitely. I think there's Volksfest Wales that weekend too so may go straight from Combe and camp ready for the Sunday.

:o That paintwork <3 looks mint!

:thumbup:

I love your car

Cheers Pete :wub:

Had a great weekend this weekend with Players Classic on Saturday and Bristol Volksfest today. We were lucky enough to pick up a Top 25 award at Players Classic and I can't express how chuffed I am especially seeing the quality of the others who picked up awards. Here's a few pics from Goodwood, I'll get Bristol's snaps up later this week once I've processed them.

DSC_1422_zpsc66225fa.jpg

DSC_1290_zps491b4821.jpg

DSC_1295_zps3f0af456.jpg

Bra'd up ready to head home but couldn't resist a reflection shot.

DSC_1429_zps5fc7729b.jpg

And the trophy :wub:

DSC_1433_zpsbbbc3dd3.jpg

All a bit slow on the progress, work is crazy and we've had a couple of weeks away so not had much time on the car. We finally got around to doing a trial fit last weekend.

DSC_1381_zpsf5ecff7c.jpg

DSC_1382_zps928973fd.jpg

DSC_1387_zps33dc69ff.jpg

DSC_1383_zps1d419de0.jpg

DSC_1389_zps73698648.jpg

DSC_1385_zps44e53848.jpg

DSC_1388_zps41f64905.jpg

And some little interior additions.

DSC_1218_zps87f41570.jpg

Sweet looking car mate,mine has been sat on the drive almost finished for over a year now :( What size wheels and tyres is on yours?

Well done :thumbsup:

I have spent the last hour and half and two brews reading this it's absolutely split mint, your detailing especially is amazing I just hope to god myn will be fixed and detailed to perfection (like yours) for tatton park in August! Love it

• Like 1

I have spent the last hour and half and two brews reading this it's absolutely split mint, your detailing especially is amazing I just hope to god myn will be fixed and detailed to perfection (like yours) for tatton park in August! Love it

Tatton park you say. PM me...

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the comments guys :wub: It's been great to be able to get it out to some shows this year. I've not had a lot of time to do much in the way of new mods over the last few months. Some plans haven't worked out and some bits are having to be redone but all in all I'm pretty chuffed with how its looking.

We managed to pick up Best Lupo at GTI International a few weeks back, followed by Second in Show at VW Driver Day at Castle Combe :thumbup:

DSC_1437_zps5d9c1702.jpg

DSC_1462_zps74b62cab.jpg

DSC_1603_zps80afbd50.jpg

DSC_1847_zpsca2155a1.jpg

DSC_1845_zps43a1175b.jpg

DSC_1781_zpsdb271f7a.jpg

DSC_1851_zps4ce7728e.jpg

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this for a little while. Had a pretty good last few shows. Came away with Best in Show at VW Action and Best Euro Car at Forge Action Day. Also ended up in VW Driver mag after the Trackday.

The car is off to VW shortly for a little routine work. It's due a service, belt change and waterpump before we get to work on the winter mods. Hopefully I'll be a little more organised with it this year. laugh.png

1236842_10201368054021820_2065448529_n_z

DSC_2278-1_zpscd125177.jpg

DSC_2280-2_zpsb7e78770.jpg

• 5 weeks later...