Project GTI - Mmmm carbon .......

elliecjno1

If Ellie had entered it and got a cheeky shot with herself in then you wouldn't have had any problems.

:lol: Will remember this next year.

I think our local club has an outdoor stand so we may still take it. The plus side of not taking though means we can enjoy a good look around without worrying about the car. We shall see...

They're cool but you're still not cool enough to be indoors.

Get Ellie to apply with some instagram shots, that has to get you in this year.

Hasn't Ray banned you yet?;)

See, that's why I don't do UD, to scene to be true.

Cars looking awesome, love the rims.

Why haven't you banned him yet?? Haha. Cheers mate.

Wow. Love the wheels Huw.

Cheers mate. Hopefully get a few more pics up later.

Dude.....I'd cut my left foot off and feed it to a local badger just for the chance of hearing them fart down the phone.

Lmfao! Thanks... I think :lol:

Sooooo glad they got done in the end lol would have cried if they had to be given up on & sold on I think!!

I'm still for taking it & putting it in the car park at UD with some sarky note about not being on air & rotiforms in the window ....... but that thats me! Haha

Edited by elliecjno1
  • Like 1

Sooooo glad they got done in the end lol would have cried if they had to be given up on & sold on I think!!

I'm still for taking it & putting it in the car park at UD with some sarky note about not being on air & rotiforms in the window ....... but that thats me! Haha

You should do!

16x8 rear, 16x7.5 front. 4x100. The offsets were et-32 i think but have changed with the new dishes and I haven't recalculated. No one knows what they're called they're just known as "Santis" after a user on Volkszone who had a set. The company who made them went bust in 2003 and i don't think there's many sets left. I've trawled the net for literally hours and only know of 3 other sets, all in the US and all 17" (Santi's were 18's but i think they were stepped up from a 17).

They come from Japan - was at the tyre garage and a lucida move thing pulled up with these wheels on (in 5x114 though).

Unfortunately he wouldn't sell! :lol:

Can't for the life of me remember the name of them though...

Look very similar to enkei sporsh and brabus monoblock 3

Edit: 'santi' was the guys username and called them zauber santi's because he didn't know (taken from wheel whores). I seem to remember them being zauber monoblock 3 - taken from the brabus ones which are again very similar.

Awesome wheels though! :D

Edited by ministig

One pulled up with Santis on or monoblocks? There's plenty of monoblocks around but save for a couple of pairs in the US I couldnt find much on these. I spent ages trying to source the wider dishes for them and ended up getting some from Spain. If you find anything though, let me know please mate.

Will do

One pulled up with Santis on or monoblocks? There's plenty of monoblocks around but save for a couple of pairs in the US I couldnt find much on these. I spent ages trying to source the wider dishes for them and ended up getting some from Spain. If you find anything though, let me know please mate.

Will do! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well we had a trial fit of the new wheels this week. Absolutely love how they look.

DSC_1049_zps0ce10efd.jpg

Sadly, I think I've miscalculated the widths so we have a little more poke than we'd like. We were going to have a play around with some stretch and camber but having slept on it, I think I'll just order a pair of 1" lips for the fronts and switch the 1.5" lips from the front to the back.

DSC_1044_zpse1ba85e9.jpg

DSC_1050_zps078cf3e3.jpg

DSC_1054_zpsb0fecfc2.jpg

Rear with the 8"

DSC_1053_zps106a9002.jpg

Rear on 7.5"

DSC_1060_zpsfb6077c6.jpg

They'd work I think huw, gotta take into account that the car is slightly on a cock there and also when you mount up properly with tyres, you'll have some natural camber :)