Project GTI - Mmmm carbon .......

elliecjno1

I need to have a better look when the car is out of the garage I think. I want to like the Up! as its funky and inkeeping with the interior, but the Gti one seems to suit more at the moment. I've just bought a new airbag for the Mk6 steering wheel though so may see how it all looks once that's in.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent Sunday doing a little fettling under the bonnet. Nothing major, just a little cleaning to tidy it up a bit more. I finally got around to sorting the engine cover which has bugged me for ages. Because the BMC is underneath, it sits slightly higher on one side and makes the engine look more wonky than they are at standard. It doesn't look a huge difference in the pics but it does look better when you look at it and i'm now a lot happier with it. :thumbup:

Before:

DSC_0352.jpg

After:

DSC_0354.jpg

And just a few pics from Castle Combe on Saturday.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We headed over to BVF at Malvern on the weekend and ended up coming away with Best in Class and Best Engine Bay. There was a lot of nice stuff there so we were really pleased to have come away with both awards and score a total of 119 out of 120 on the score sheet. We've done a few show and shines before but the judges were so thorough this time it was a little bit of a surprise. :lol: They were happy to chat and explain what they were looking for though so its given me a few things to work on for next time.

406257_10151959768920584_2042016379_n.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the mirror shine under the bonnet :shades: Congrats on the trophies dude. Cool trophies too!

Awesome, cheers Ben! Love the reflection in the bonnet - although that's pretty much the only part left for me to flat and polish properly.

We also managed to pick up 2nd place at Volksfest Wales on the weekend despite the weather.

423562_10150947402540448_132838812_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Managed to squeeze one final mod in before the car gets tucked away for a couple of months. The exhaust has always been a pet hate of mine as we had a brushed effect one which always looked dirty no matter how much I polished it. It's now been replaced with aPro Speed twin 3" inward rolled slash cut pipe which looks and sounds a lot better.

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

Cheers Ben. No, nothing major. It was a little more fiddley just because I was trying not to mark the paint but otherwise it only took a few minutes. Where the pipe goes down behind the headlight, it's attached to some of the flexi hose that we had as part of the previous system so that saved a bit of hassle.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys. :D Got some super exciting updates planned over the winter too.

Every time I see this I fall in love with the car again!! gotta ask, do you use a machine polisher?

I tried one once but if I'm honest, I prefer the Mr Miyagi "Wax on, wax off" method. :whistle:

Yeah, I have a few machines but generally use a Das 6 Pro. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i seriously love this car, if you ever *ahem* sell up please contact me :wub:

Cheers buddy. It's not going anywhere though. :D

Getting bored not being able to update this while I continue building my 2013 parts emporium in the garage. Hoping to get all the bits fitted over the Christmas break but that's looking like a big ask as I haven't ordered the new wheel dishes yet :lol:

So in the meantime, here's a little teaser...

17008_10152245511140584_2043531359_n.jpg