Project GTI - Mmmm carbon .......

elliecjno1

Just a little boring update. With all the brackets out, it was a good time to replace some of the bolts.

Old vs New

IMG_3018.jpg

All fitted

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

And a couple with the heat shield fitted. The top two screws went straight it, but i dropped the bottom screw and it promptly rolled along the undertray out of reach :rant::ouch:

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3023.jpg

Thanks guys :thumbup:

Few other little updates...

Dash.jpg

Gear.jpg

good choice i love mine

Quickly fitted the gear knob yesterday ready for the trip over to Bristol for Bristol Volksfest today.

IMG_3069.jpg

Gave the car a little clean ready to go. Here's a random shot of my next door neighbours Zafira...

IMG_3067.jpg

Taken in the door...

IMG_3066.jpg

We had an awesome day at Volksfest. It's a really great show with planty to see and do and we ended up coming home with best in class.

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

:wub: once more that car is amazing :yes:

:thumbup:

Quality car :)

Cheers mate. Lots more to come. ;)

Amazing work with the bolts. How much was the mk6 gear knob? I was thinking of getting one...

Just shy of £100. I may be getting rid depending on how the new one looks. I don't think it'll be with me for a few weeks but I'll give you a shout if i decide to sell the Mk6.

Edited by Huw Pugh

Lovely car mate! Like the changes & improvements you have made! Good work on the stainless bolts too & that gear knob is great :)

Just shy of £100. I may be getting rid depending on how the new one looks. I don't think it'll be with me for a few weeks but I'll give you a shout if i decide to sell the Mk6.

Cool, keep me in the "loop" :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Received a few more bits this weekend from Dale aka Lupoboz. A nice shiney new heatshield which i am hoping to polish up next weekend.

DSC_0166.jpg

A new terminal box as ours has never had a lid

DSC_0174.jpg

and a new Up! gearknob as it's more in keeping with the black and white theme and our is a 5 speed.

DSC_0172.jpg

However, once I fitted it, i'm not sure I like it as much as the Mk6 gti so not sure which to keep. Answers on a postcard please...

DSC_0173.jpg

I say keep the MK6. Up to you though :D sell me the one you don't need ;)

How much did the heat shield set you back if you don't mind me asking?