1.9TDI Conversion

lupo pd 150

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

this still going?

Do you mean the car or this thread?

If you mean the car then yes it is going as good as ever and i will be giving it a couple of blasts down the strip at inters next weekend !

I am on building my audi s3 at the moment , its taking a bit longer than first thought!

Edited by lupo pd 150

• 1 month later...

Am I right in thinking it's easier to start off with a diesel?

I want to do this conversion but it has to be bright green lol, Sdi or Tdi is there any difference?

I'd probs have to pay a company though as I can't do it myself xD

Hi, yes its much easier to start off with a diesel ,mine was a sdi and it only took me a couple of ours to wire in ;)

Why you say 5 speed over 6? is it the longer gearing? and being ALOT smaller lmao?

hows your intercooler worked out, front mounted but is it same one that comes standard on PD150 ?

Do you know how much difference in weight of the engines in? the 1.4tdi & sdi compared to 1.9

just wondering what sort of end weight the car will be, my ibiza is like 1200kgs kerb

lupo are 1051 iirc

what brakes have you gone for?

312 audi set up is popular on ibiza, my 288's are not good enough for about 170bhp :S

what your Mpg like? I can get 50 easy, without having to be careful about driving

do the GTi clocks fit straight over coz they are in a whole different casing.. not the boob design lol

sorry for all the questions :S

Hey Lupo PD 150 how did you manage to program the PD ECU into the Lupo immob would this be some thing you can do again if i brought my car to you and gave you some money also ?

• 3 weeks later...

Why you say 5 speed over 6? is it the longer gearing? and being ALOT smaller lmao?

5 speed easier to fit!

hows your intercooler worked out, front mounted but is it same one that comes standard on PD150 ?

my intercooler is a long but not very tall item and the pipe runs inside the bumper brace but i am looking for a intercooler that both the inlet and outlet are on the same sides

Do you know how much difference in weight of the engines in? the 1.4tdi & sdi compared to 1.9

just wondering what sort of end weight the car will be, my ibiza is like 1200kgs kerb

lupo are 1051 iirc

not sure on the weight but the sdi lump must weigh quite a bit, handles no probs unable to tell that its a different engine up front

what brakes have you gone for?

312 audi set up is popular on ibiza, my 288's are not good enough for about 170bhp :S

I am using g60 discs with mk3 vr6 calipers with uprated pads,cant fault the brakes at all

what your Mpg like? I can get 50 easy, without having to be careful about driving

I get 50+ mpg all day every day doesnt matter how it gets driven

do the GTi clocks fit straight over coz they are in a whole different casing.. not the boob design lol

you need 2 gti surround parts,upper and lower to go with the gti clocks

sorry for all the questions :S

no probs!

Hey Lupo PD 150 how did you manage to program the PD ECU into the Lupo immob would this be some thing you can do again if i brought my car to you and gave you some money also ?

I work for vw and the golf ecu coded in no probs . anybody who can do immobilisers should be able to do it

• 3 weeks later...

Is this yours?

Would love to have the time and resources to try the same thing with my SDI.

My Girlfriend has a 130 GTTDI that's near it's end (240000 miles, but still going!), would have to research a bit on how it would go in, but it's good to know it can be done.

Edited by Hazy

Yup, that was me @ inters 2009,there is one from 2010 that someone took its under golf tdi at inters 2010 I am not sure how to post a link! :confused:

What is the 1.9tdi arosa? Is it in the UK?

Edited by lupo pd 150

Yup, that was me @ inters 2009,there is one from 2010 that someone took its under golf tdi at inters 2010 I am not sure how to post a link! :confused:

here ya go

Nice!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes bought it done already i have list of all the parts that are needed to carry out this in another lupo, currently doing same engine n 6 speed box in my lupo gti, this is the way forward,

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...