1.9TDI Conversion

lupo pd 150

I have fitted a plug in tuning box today, going to use this until i put the modified turbo on and get it mapped properly.Going off the results of this tuning box i think i am going to be happy with the end result as it is now goes like stink for a tdi just with the box fitted

Also thanks for all the positive comments on the conversion

Edited by lupo pd 150

What did the engine come out of a mk4 golf or a seat ibiza?

did you not find it a tight squeeze trying to get everything to fit, i no a guy who did a pd130 conversion into a mk3 golf and had to relocate the battery to the boot,

oh and what clocks you using?

I mirror everybodies words, this is such a good conversion and i'm pleased its pretty local, so i can get a good look at it at a meet in the near future.

some parts of the engine are from a golf, others are from a passat (cylinder head)

It was a bit of a tight fit, Had to notch the leg on the ns to clear the 6 speed box,going to remake the lower gearbox dogmount as i am not happy it

Also finding the powerflex insert is very harsh.

I am using lupo gti clocks

Hello Mr PD150

when you get a chance would you mind posting up the VW part numbers for the mounts you used , i would also would be interested in knowing what you done for drive shafts did you have to get custom made ones or have you made up a VW hybrids using the lupo shaft and the inner cv from the Golf .

Thanks Karl

Ps have you timed the car for 0- 60

50 - 70 and so on although i am guessing that it will be seriously quick accelerating once above 30 mph ! :blink:

• Like 1

Hello Mr PD150

when you get a chance would you mind posting up the VW part numbers for the mounts you used , i would also would be interested in knowing what you done for drive shafts did you have to get custom made ones or have you made up a VW hybrids using the lupo shaft and the inner cv from the Golf .

Thanks Karl

Ps have you timed the car for 0- 60

50 - 70 and so on although i am guessing that it will be seriously quick accelerating once above 30 mph ! :blink:

Hi, I will dig out the part numbers when i get into work tomorrow, I used a mk3 golf tdi shaft for the drivers side (100mm inner joints to match the 02S gearbox that i used) with the lupo outer joint fitted,perfect length.I had to shorten a passenger side shaft by a couple of inches and again used lupo outer joint and 100mm inner.

Not sure what kind of times this thing would pull,but they should be reasonable

:shades:

I thought that the PD150 lump had the bigger ( vnt 17 ) turbo that was good for 220 ish coulnt tell you how long it would last though , as i have a PD130 lump in my garage with two ECUs one which has been de coded and mapped for about 215 Bhp but i need to change the turbo from the 130 ( vnt 15 ? ) to the 150 ( vnt 17 ) which i have also got stashed away .

So Mr PD150 what turbo will you be going for and how much Bhp are you going to run with it ?

I also ment to ask why you ditched the EGR buisness ?

Did you think about getting a re map to 180 standard turbo should be reliable at that level . ( for the meantime )

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/vag150pd.pdf

I thought that the PD150 lump had the bigger ( vnt 17 ) turbo that was good for 220 ish coulnt tell you how long it would last though , as i have a PD130 lump in my garage with two ECUs one which has been de coded and mapped for about 215 Bhp but i need to change the turbo from the 130 ( vnt 15 ? ) to the 150 ( vnt 17 ) which i have also got stashed away .

So Mr PD150 what turbo will you be going for and how much Bhp are you going to run with it ?

I also ment to ask why you ditched the EGR buisness ?

Did you think about getting a re map to 180 standard turbo should be reliable at that level . ( for the meantime )

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/vag150pd.pdf

Both the 130 ASZ ans the 150 ARL have vnt 17's just different versions thats all.

Just trying to do a deal on a hybrid turbo at the moment, would like around 350lbft.

220 bhp out of a ARL turbocharger, thats a bit optimistic

Should be able to get around 195bhp from the 150pd engines.

Also - The 150 and 130 both use the same turbo charger.

• 1 month later...

Its a vnt 17/20 hybrid from allard, Should be good for 200+hp and 340+lbs/ft

I will get this fitted soon with a different gearbox with a taller diff as i am finding the gearing touran unit far too low

Its a vnt 17/20 hybrid from allard, Should be good for 200+hp and 340+lbs/ft

I will get this fitted soon with a different gearbox with a taller diff as i am finding the gearing touran unit far too low

Nice... Thats pretty much what I'm after for the bora :)

I'm guessing the compressor housing is off the VNT20, and the exhaust side of the 17?

Lag much

We will see but it starts making boost at around 1100rpm now with a standard turbo,there has been alot of people drive it since the conversion and none of them can believe how responsive it is at the moment

We will see but it starts making boost at around 1100rpm now with a standard turbo,there has been alot of people drive it since the conversion and none of them can believe how responsive it is at the moment

tbh thats impressive, very nice, overall a cracking motor.

whats the handling like with the weight?