1.9TDI Conversion

lupo pd 150

first of all u need to chopp away 3 inches off the passanger chassis led tomake way for the 6 speed gearbox, i have the mounts if u want to copy, and the driveshafts if u want to measure them. 07930646660

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

guys i've done the tdi conversion to my GTI, all hard work in done, chassis legs strainthened and new mounts welded, tdi engine and gearbox fitted, custom driveshafts fitted, full decatted staimless exhaust system with only rear box fitted, rad and fmic fitted along with pipework, diesel fuel tank and diesel pump fitted,

items left to do is sort out the wiring i'm using the pd engine and ecu wiring and gti headlight and abs looms,

also fitting CLIMATRONIC CONTROL from mk4 golf, along with heated seats, auto dipping mirror and cruise control.

still need to upgrade my brakes to G60 ones.

BTW engine is from a vw golf ARL code and 6 speed gearbox.

Edited by fattasss

yes i will get some pics up shortly, had it crank over today, need to modify the immobiliser wiring for key reader box, than hopefully it will fire up.

Not the first...

img81512.jpg

First in UK perhaps? Awesome either way!

Oh yeah you're putting a tdi engine in a gti & that was tdi engine into a tdi with gti panels bolted on isnit, yep you probably got a first there then!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So you've still got a shed load of work left to do on it then.

Really thought you'd have had this done by now. . . . .

(Also, shouldn't you have your own thread instead of jumping on someone elses? Ray? )

• 2 years later...

I've been following this thread too, and am looking into the pdi upgrade.

There are quite a few tech challenges as i see it. The block is the same, so that helps.

Issues that i can think of so far, starting with an SDI car:

Drive shafts, if using a different box.

Box mounting and linkage system

Engine wiring loom to lupo loom connection

Ecu connection to lupo loom, lupo clocks and security plus programming the ECU software lock-outs.

Mounting intercooler.

Bespoke induction air ducting.

Exhaust flanges and down pipe, plus exhaust system.

Possibly need a fuel pump in the tank to supply sufficient fuel.

Drive by wire throttle pot change.

What else? Everything else "could" be standard lupo... It'd be great to have a list of all the neccessary changes, so each part of the project could be costed and analysed technically before starting.

Edited by mk2

• 3 months later...

Mk2 did you get anymore info on the points you made above??

i have a tdi atm, and have been mulling over either a 130pd conversion, or looking to upgrade to a vnt setup.

my lupo is low miles, the vnt conversion would allow me to keep my current engine & box with a potential 130ish bhp , but if i'm spending the money i think it'd be better long run to start with a asz/arl setup then tuning would be easier.

Info on both is scarce tbh, if i could get all the info together i would write up a how to.

hi, looks really good :)

have you got any good pictures of the engine/gearbox mounts?

what did you do with the looms?

i use the org. engine mount from Lupo SDI with selfmade bracket. the same is on gearbox side. it's a mount from a polo 9n with selfmade bracket.

engine side:

ha6r8z76.jpgsopzdyq7.jpg

alqfdd9y.jpg

gearbox side:

zvbedmo8.jpg

lk4fnmo6.jpg

what do you mean with "looms"?

• 2 months later...