footwell lighting

yello feeva

hi sorry if this sounds kinda chavvy but im thinking of installing either red (to match the oem colour of the fox) LED or neons in the footwell, does anyone know the best way to go about this? ive seen kits on ebay but i wouldnt have a clue how to install them

No your right, foot well lighting is gay...HOWEVER...foot well lighting that only lights up for the length of time you have your door open is cool.

How to go about it I don't have a clue.

No your right, foot well lighting is gay...HOWEVER...foot well lighting that only lights up for the length of time you have your door open is cool.

How to go about it I don't have a clue.

yeah dude thats what i had in mind, so it ligts up when i or passengers get in, i couldnt deal with it being on all the time, but just wanna give my car something new cos its just boring standard, thanks for ur thoughts anway ill listen to anyones opinion

yeah thats a nice idea! i wouldn't know where to begin but its going to start with the wiring for the interior light, i reckon =D

I had daytime running lights in my A3 with red LEDs in the footwells. The ex actually did all the hard bits like connecting the reducers and stuff, but i do know that the power was comming off the light in the cigarette tray :)

I used to high blue lighting under the dash in the Lupo to match the dash lights.

Looked chavy, but I loved it so couldn't care less!

My friend had some on a switch in his vauxhall astra under the seats. Didn't look too bad I didn't think as they weren't incredably bright and you couldn't see them from outside. A bit like the ambient lighting in the new minis!

Dont know how hard it would be, but you could wire up a relay to the interior light, then you could have it only on when the doors open, or any time when the interior light was on.

Dont know how hard it would be, but you could wire up a relay to the interior light, then you could have it only on when the doors open, or any time when the interior light was on.

I think its a good idea, you'd have to link it to the interior light circuit would you not?

wow thanks for the replies guys and girls! this forum is like buses in a way, no replies for a while and they all come at once ;) or is it because i havent been checking up frequently enough :huh:

ive got in touch with someone who deals with mods near me and he said he will install it for me for £40 but i need to buy the lighting kit myself which shouldnt be such a hard task as theres loads on ebay. when i do get it done i promise to get some pics up for u to see :)

to the dude who had blue lights in the lupo, i know what u mean! thinkin about it, if i install these lights it shouldnt make me look chavvy, its just showing my love for lighting (when i open the door)

Also pete i like ur mates idea of havin the switch under the seat, i might bear that in mind!

Edited by yello feeva

• 3 months later...
hi sorry if this sounds kinda chavvy but im thinking of installing either red (to match the oem colour of the fox) LED or neons in the footwell, does anyone know the best way to go about this? ive seen kits on ebay but i wouldnt have a clue how to install them

It should be easy..

Wire it to an earth (obviously) and the live on the interior light.. Alternatively wire it to the switch that tells the interior lights to come on if you can find it.. I've never looked for it but either ways should be a quick job!

Oli.