SCratch on Fox door. How do I know if it's through to the metal or the undercoat?

First scratch on this car! It's small, and God knows what (or who) caused it, but it does look deep. Also, best way to eradicate it? Will polishing it with Mer get rid of it?

run your nail gently down it if your nail catches it you will not be able to tcut it out and are looking at a spray job

hope that helps

I'll try that, thanks. Looks like vandalism to me. I certainly haven't damaged it myself.

EDIT Probably just paranoid, lol. I could JUST feel it with my fingernail, and after spending the last 15 minutes polishing (Autoglym) over it with some pressure, I've reduced it's visibility by about 60% or so and I can't catch it with my nail now. I might give it another going over tomorrow, see if I can reduce it some more. Is it likely to rust, do you think, if I leave it like that? Very small scratch. New car, and I'm really fussing over it, lol....................

Edited by Redfox

You could buy some red coloured polish and use that, it does hide scrathes more than normal polish, although you might fine you need to do it every so often.

Ive got the black stuff (how bad are black cars for marks! :angry: ) and it does work!

I managed to polish it to near invisiibility, thanks.

Now I've noticed a reasonably sized chip of paint missing from the front bumper, lol. Plastic, right? How do you lot repair damage like that? It's black underneath.