VW Flip Keys - The definitive part number thread!

Didnt really know where to post this. I am looking for the members who allready have 3 or 2 button flip keys to post there part numbers and kind of car the key is working with.

The how to guide is really good but many people are having problems knowing which part no key to buy.

All help is appreciated.

just search on ebay for the key fobs, all of them work with a lupo

Im not sure about that because i got one off ebay and it didnt work.

Think we would be better off if people who had the keys could put the part no's down in this thread. Then its not trial and error.

As far as I know (dont hold me to it), Gti's have a remote frequency of 433.92mhz but some are different.

You should check the part number on you CURRENT remote fob and google it. Once googled it will give you frequency specs. You should only buy the VW flip remote fob that matches your ORIGINAL remote frequency.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most chain/franchise places e.g. Timpsons say they don't have the kit to do it but if you get a decent chap (like I did) he'll have a go on the understanding that if the key breaks or it doesnt work its tough and the money (£2 I paid because I supplied a blank key) goes in the charity tin.