the Silver Sedan!

nfbr

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a passenger ride!

I've never been in a Oil Burning VW with that much power and torque.

Some day matey... Some day! Although you probably won't be all that impressed. It's not like jumping in a 300bhp edition 30 or owt.

Love it mate, Im scared of warranty/clutch lol to get mine mapped :( (jetta not arosa)

Trouble with the 2.0 TDI's is that the Sachs race engineering upgrade clutches are just not upto the job. You would need a helix clutch and flywheel to do it properly and that'd cost you a grand easily!

I'm yet to make a nordubs meet this year ! Will have to be done :) then you'll get your passenger ride!

I have missed the last few meets as-well, would be nice to see how a rapid diesel compares to a torque-less petrol. :D

Btw when is the new turbo getting fitted. :rolleyes:

Going to be doing a lot of research over the next few months on PD Injector Nozzles. My injectors are currently maxed out at certain parts of the rev range, so fitting bigger nozzles should hopefully lower the duty cycle of the injector enough.

As for the hybrid, I was hoping for around a years time, but I found a rather large hole in my panel filter tonight which looked like something hard has gone through it... So I'm gona have to get the compressor wheel inspected for damage incase it's got past the air mass meter and into the turbo inlet... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not going to have to make that move yet, as I've just bought a "Sump helmet" and a Mk5 R32 Steering wheel and Airbag...

All the performance is still there and it sounds pretty much the same, So I'll get it inspected and see what happens.

Well, Today all I can say is PHEW!!!

Got the car up on the ramps and whipped off the under tray, Removed the Turbo inlet pipe to take a look at the cold side compressor wheel on the turbo.

All the blades look in virtually perfect condition and there is absolutely no play whatsoever on the impellor shaft :) Bearings all feel nice and smooth too!

Back on track with what is being done on the car though,

Today my "Sump Helmut" arrived

2009.jpg

This is going to be Hammerite painted Orange and will have "****gard" stencilled on it in black before being fitted to the car.

Its quite a handy peice of steel found on "Mex" spec Beetle 2.0 8v's which just so happens to fit on the bottom of the 1.9TDI PD engines and will protect my rather low aluminium sump a treat!

Cleverly, they have cut out a hole for the oil level sensor cabling, and the sump plug, so you don't have to remove it for routine maintenance!

As well as this my "Mk5 R32 flat bottomed steering wheel" arrived with me from Portugal in an unbelievable 2 working days after placing the order

2009-1.jpg

Can't wait to get it on, but I need to get hold of a different cruise control stalk as my current steering wheel has half of the cruise control buttons on it!

Although on a bit of a downer one of my Focal woofers has started playing up, seems to be making some strange noises when playing anything punchy, but Chris at CCA has said he'll speak to the Focal rep and get me a new woofer sent down and sort it out under warranty.

Just goes to show, you can fit anything to anything If you're willing to figure it out :)

Mk5 R32 Steering wheel now fitted in my Bora with Working airbag :) Although I've not tested the airbag yet and don't plan on doing...

mk5wheel.jpg

Just goes to show, you can fit anything to anything If you're willing to figure it out :)

Mk5 R32 Steering wheel now fitted in my Bora with Working airbag :) Although I've not tested the airbag yet and don't plan on doing...

mk5wheel.jpg

I could have told you how to fit it ;)

Looks good B)

That steering wheel is begging for an "R" insert...

I made sure I got the one without the .:R insert! I'd love a set of Mk4 R32 Front seats but, I'd have to get them re-trimmed immediately as I don't want the Volkswagen Racing logo on my car!

ahhh thats exactly what i am looking for where would i go about buying one of them mate. help me

tarrier

VW dealership sell them, However they charge £410 + VAT just for the airbag!

They are available through other means but it's just something you'd have to have a look around for!

What colour are your cupholder, heater control and surrounds Al?

It's called "Bronze Net-Optic" or "Golf Net-Optic"

as seen Here with close up's

I like that, much nicer than the same old Momo 280mm Team everyone fits.

Yeah, I was looking at the 300mm Momo Team but decided against it due to how popular a choice they are! It was also still a bit too small for the car IMHO.

I think the wheel looks better without the stupid R badge IMO.

Nice work again dude.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the .:R badge on anything short of an R32, R36, R50.

Cheers for the praise :) (P.S. Did you see my Tw@ Guard further up the page?)

I could have told you how to fit it ;)

Looks good B)

Colin, You couldn't possibly quantify the dificulties I went through! Your lupo will have been a straight Earth to Earth switch for the horn, where as my original "High line" multi-function steering wheel for some reason uses a digital output to the Steering ECU as the track for the horn, So I ended up having to make up my own Steering wheel loom and using the circuit board from inside the "Cruise Control" side of the Multi-function steering wheel and hiding that up inside the Mk5 Airbag!!! Absolute nightmare took me a good few hours to figure out!

Pleased with myself now that it's done and working though.

Ah, so that's the trim you can rub through to get an aluminium finish then!

Going to have to get rid of this wood finish soon!

Sounds like a nightmare fitting the wheel, looks like its paid off though!

Ah, so that's the trim you can rub through to get an aluminium finish then!

Going to have to get rid of this wood finish soon!

Sounds like a nightmare fitting the wheel, looks like its paid off though!

Yep, That's the one! The wood stuff is awful, So glad I didn't end up with a wood trimmed car!

Wow, that would keep me amused for hours! Nice avatar!

Love the wheel too!

Haha, Yeah it's a good Avatar!