the Silver Sedan!

nfbr

Nice one al, good to see you've had the face off too!!

Pfft, that's nothing!! The only annoying bit is that on photos the grille looks a tiny bit wonky, However In real life, it looks fine? :( It's really bugging me now.

The sad part is that I won't be using it for the next two days as I'll be using the "Temporary LCR" lol.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, my mam had the 1.8 20V T Cupra 3d 180bhp, was an awesome car. Didnt do to bad on fuel either. Shame some stupid old woman wrote it off. Not many of the 1.8 20v cupra's left in the UK.

Oh dear, That's not good. How did that happen then ?

Nice work with the front mount intercooler.

I'm someway behind with the Ibiza FR, I've just bought a Cupra intake this morning from the dealers for the cars 4th birthday tomorrow (he knocked ÂŁ12 off the pre VAT price which was nice) and should have a green cotton filter at work on my desk tomorrow that I ordered last week. I don't know what it will do with the generic REVO map, but we'll see. Now that Mrs M is back at work after the maternity leave, there might be some scope for those suspension mods I want to do.

Nice work with the front mount intercooler.

Cheers man :)

You know you wanna get that suspension sorted ;)

Also - I'm guessing you fell for all the Hype on SeatCupra net for you to have gone for a Green Cráppon airfilter?

Mine both rusted and all the green paint started flaking on the mesh before they'd even done 10,000 miles :S

I'm on "Warranty replacement number 2" at the moment and it seems to be a little better but I'm not really happy using it any more.

Edited by nfbr

Cheers man :)

You know you wanna get that suspension sorted ;)

Also - I'm guessing you fell for all the Hype on SeatCupra net for you to have gone for a Green Cráppon airfilter?

Mine both rusted and all the green paint started flaking on the mesh before they'd even done 10,000 miles :S

I'm on "Warranty replacement number 2" at the moment and it seems to be a little better but I'm not really happy using it any more.

No idea why I went for the green other than it seems to be the preferred choice on there for the TDIs. The last performance filter I bought went in my Metro Turbo way back, so I've no idea what's hot these days :lol:

I think I'm going to be offered a K&N instead as the green snotton are on back order according to someone else that has ordered one. I'll wait and see.

Mrs M has taken the car today and I've said nowt about the inlet pipe so we'll see if it passes the 'Mum Test'.

Edited by IDGM

I think I'm going to be offered a K&N instead as the green snotton are on back order according to someone else that has ordered one. I'll wait and see.

Mrs M has taken the car today and I've said nowt about the inlet pipe so we'll see if it passes the 'Mum Test'.

Cool cool. The K&N ones are good stuff! If you get a K&N instead just give it a wash in the sink with a few squirts of fairy, rince it through and allow to dry naturally before fitting it :). My mum has a Pipercross panel on here FR TDI that seems to do it's job well enough.

As for the Inlet pipe, Did you feel much of a difference?

Spent a wee while giving the bodywork a little TLC and Winter protection today and here's the results...

andrelax.jpg

Lovely car :)

Theres something about this Car which i really like, i just cant quite put my finger on it,

Lovely car :)

Theres something about this Car which i really like, i just cant quite put my finger on it,

It's called Subtlety my friend ;)

Looks a good job as usual :)

What are you using to measure the intake air temperature, did you get a scangauge?

My IAT seems to be creeping up lately, I have seen it over 60C :o

Looks a good job as usual :)

What are you using to measure the intake air temperature, did you get a scangauge?

My IAT seems to be creeping up lately, I have seen it over 60C :o

We measured it using VAG com logs on the Rolling road and live on the road. I still want a scangauge but I'm not too sure on where to fit it in my car.

60Ëšc seems relatively high especially for an AMF!

I like the grille, it was a good idea! :thumbsup:

:) It does look good, But keeps getting stone chips damn it...

oil catch tank now installed on rocker cover breather system in hope of minimizing oil residue in the intercooler. Should help keep it running at its most efficient.

catch1.jpg

That's something else I still haven't got round to installing. Is it just an empty tank or is there some kind of filter or packing material inside it?

That's something else I still haven't got round to installing. Is it just an empty tank or is there some kind of filter or packing material inside it?

it has a plate baffle, a little bit like a cheese grater inside it :) Makes the N249 Breather sound real loud under certain loads!

Went out in this car on sunday, and i must say.

Its FK!N awesum!!!

it pulls like a train and when the anchors are slammed on its like havin your face pulled off:lol:

Edited by 2001gti

Had the map re-work done today to suit the intercooler. Now running 192bhp and 367lb/ft with upto a 17bhp gain in certain areas of the map! Pulls much stronger for longer now and is running 180whp!

:D Sounds great mate, thats a huge amount of torque!

Peak is only 5lb/ft more than before, but across the range it has had a vast improvement :)

the only annoying thing is that the FMIC is quite noisy (oddly enough)