Money saving tip on fog/spot lights

whassigo

Ive been trying to get a set of "factory look" foglights but wasn't keen on spending a fortune. Have a look at the photos and see what you think of my "budget" alternative. What you see cost me less than £27 in total and I think it looks pretty reasonable. Here's how it's done - First you'll need a set of front grilles with the circular foglight cutouts. I suppose to make it even cheaper you could cut holes in the originals but they are so cheap it didn't seem worth the hassle. The part numbers for the two covers are 6H0853665BB41 and 6H0853666BB41 I paid £3.81 + VAT each from the local Seat agent. Then have a look on E Bay and seek out a seller called bargains4mates he sells a selection of different lights in various sizes. I bought small round spolights with 6cm lenses http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=007

The lights took about ten days to arrive (from Bulgaria !!) and cost me £17.98 including postage. The kit comes with a relay and a bit of wiring harness. The quality is pretty good although they are lightweight - I gave exterior of mine a good coat of Waxoyl just as a precaution. The brackets just screw into the plastic behind the grille and needed hardly any adjustment at all. Obviously you have to make sure they line up with the hole in the outer grille but the fitting took me less than an an hour which included the wiring. The seller has exactly the same light in a fog version and also with a blue lens if that's better for you - probably a good idea to e mail him if you can't see them on line. I picked spotlights and wired them into the main beam circuit using the relay supplied. I'm very happy with the result - the lights give out a decent beam and although they don't pick out a rabbit scratching it's arse a mile away - they do the job.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

LOL - Yes that's right biggaz it's the cost of the lights themselves I was trying to avoid. I've no idea what they cost from Seat but I've seen them on E Bay for about £63 a pair including postage. So £18 seemed to be a reasonable saving to me. As OLW pointed out - the grilles are peanuts so might as well go to your Seat stealer for those.