Other Fox owners, please post here

Redfox

I think the 1.4 is not actually a lot better than the 1.2, as redfox says it has extra this that and the other. My local VW and some reviews on the fox say the 1.2 is best because it dose everything you could want it to do.

So there's not much point in have a 1.4. I got an urban fox because I had electric windows in my old car and I like the extra things you get with the seats.

VW gave me the metallic paint free so I took it.

I have not done a big mileage in it yet but I will have owned it for 18 months in September, no major problems.

I agree we are the only 3 to post on here were are all the fox owners...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because the site is called what it's called! Also, I suspect that the majority of UK Fox drivers don't give two hoots about discussing the pros and cons of their vehicle, and just want a low profile, affordable, reliable runabout. I also suspect that quite a few Fox drivers are retired OAPs! Nothing flashy about these cars, and I can imagine the younger brigade (I'm 39, btw, sort of in the middle of all this) turning their noses up at the Fox and opting for something with more 'sporty', lol. What do you reckon? Am I wide of the mark with my assumptions?

hey i'm a fox owner lol only 20 years old. it's got to be said I only found this on a very specific google search ...clublupo doesn't shout fox :P

do love the car though. i would hate anything with a tiny engine like a 1.0 litre old polo or a 600cc or whatever they are smart car. 1.4 for me!! paid lots of money for my fox with alloys and stuff :P

I am 22 but I have not see many young people driving them. As for 1.0 polo they have there place, my first car was a mk3 1992 polo 1.0 it was good to drive it was responsive and if drive right they can beat a lot of other cars.

As can a 1.2 fox

Edited by FLO7LXJ

My first car was an '85 Polo C with a 1043 cc engine, 40 bhp on tap, no servo. assistance on the brakes, manual choke, and just the four gears. It was considered to be a well equipped supermini back then! Yes, it had front seat head restraints! :lol:

It was quite 'nippy', mind. Very light. Wouldn't mind a drive of it now, just for comparison, but it's probably long since gone.

Ever seen the film 'Genevieve'? The bit where they get held up by the old gent who's first car was the same model as their Darracq? That'll be me in 40 years time, lol.

I had my first service in March, the only thing is they don't do a lot. Oil + filter and top up of other liquids. I was surprised they did not go near the air filter or anything else (to my knowledge) the thing that bothered me was they did not clean the car very well. But it was free.

I love the car it dose take me back to my polo.

I wanted to put some alloys on the car but my insurance company won't let me (direct line I am 22 not 25). I think it would make the car even better.

I'm 18..thats young haha! I love the Fox but I can see myself getting rid soon as I'm piling the miles on, she's done over 10000 and she's an 07 reg! I'd love to stick with one but definitely need an upgrade :( :(

Just topped 10k ... had an EPC warning light on the dashboard.

Taken it back to VW dealership, who surprise surprise said nothing has been found wrong with it (the light disappeared the morning it was taken in)

Reading through other forums on here, the EPC light seems to be linked to the brake switches or throttle issues. Suggest everyone keeps their eyes open for this problem. If it is a brake switch, apparently rectified pretty easily ... although being under warranty just take it back to the dealer.

Anyone getting more than the specified mpg?

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure about my mpg seems ok, the doors on my car are a nightmare to shut unless you slam them! anyone else got this problem?

cheese Paul

mine is constant 44 mpg too.. and yea the doors are a nightmare, im used to giving it an extra umpf but my passengers arent!

mine is constant 44 mpg too.. and yea the doors are a nightmare, im used to giving it an extra umpf but my passengers arent!

Haha yeah my passengers give me a dodgy look when i say 'just slam it :reallymad: '

Tech specs say combined should be around 47mpg, mines averaging 44mpg too :D

Will mention my non-pinging exterior light warning next time it's in for a service, an annoyance more than anything else.

Cheers

Rich

• 1 month later...

Got my Fox 2 weeks ago,the entire family are VW owners with Golfs & Polos. Am onthis site because I am "finding" things on my Fox. Trying to ascertain exactly what the CD Player will play. It says MP3s but the only disc I have cut refuses to work! Thanks to this site have located 3.5 socket in glovebox so will run my iPOD THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. i WOULD BE GRATEFUL ON BASIC HELP TO NAVIGATE AROUND THIS SITE. Reading all that is placed with interest,getting 46mpg, Bungo

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to ascertain exactly what the CD Player will play. It says MP3s but the only disc I have cut refuses to work! Thanks to this site have located 3.5 socket in glovebox so will run my iPOD THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

I had the same problem, the manual said the CD player would do MP3 but yeah I did a few discs and none worked, messed about changing the way the discs were being burnt.

Anyway it turns out that the CD player/sound system manual is for both versions of the CD player, one does MP3s the other does not, so I suppose you can guess now that we both have the version that doesn't do MP3s.. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

VW just put whatever was to hand in each car they built them. now they've got aerials on the back, mine is down the windscreen, although I did get a quote from auto-glass for a new screen £1200 ex vat. So I got insurance that covered me so only £70 now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im currently driving a 1.2 fox as a loan car from VW and its the worst thing i have driven!

I dont think they look too bad outside but inside is like a recycling factory. Plastic everywhere, No switches or anything, Its all done on the stalks.

You have to slam the door to get it to close, The wipers are not smooth, A fishing stool offers more support then the seats, There is no temp gauge for the engine. Talking of the engine its really rough, The car shakes when your at idle. Its terrible.

I want my Polo back :(