Other Fox owners, please post here

Redfox

about anything to do with Fox ownership!

I have a Tornado red Fox 1.2 ordinary. Just got it last week. Love to compare notes about anything. This is after all quite a new car (May '06, IIRC) to UK shores, and it might have teething troubles, possibly universal problems. Who knows whether or not a mass recall is just around the corner?

So, post away..............

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got mine in may 06 one of the very first in the north west. and it's just been booked in to have the com unit replaced as the numbers on the dash (clock and millage) have part of the numbers missing (happened on my sister too and the guy in the parts depo. said he's done 2 others also), i got up this morning to the wipers not working but i was assured it was just a fuse that was gone, the rear washer stoped working as it did on my sisters and that's just a clip that comes off

the door seal went last year when we had that really nice weather so it leaked water in at the top. plus the rear blub housing for the 3rd break light falls off randomly but was told that's just how it fits on lol

but apart from that mine is running well, only 7 weeks til i can drive my golf gti lol.

Hmmm, doesn't sound as if it's built very well, lol. The doors do need a good slam, as does the tailgate! I hope I don't have to make too much use of the warranty. Running back and forth to the dealer soon becomes tedious.

I notice you've fitted different wheels to your Fox, BigT. Does that have a positive effect on cabin road noise? Not that I'm changing anything, but just curious, you know........ Btw, approx. how many miles have you clocked up so far?

i think the com unit is a recall as when i took it in today it said recall on the sheet, but i'm not 100% on that, it has about 14000miles now, the cabin noise is ok, the wheels are off now as the car is practically sold, the only other thing is the rear motor for the boot's central locking sounds aweful like it's about to go really groans when i lock it,.

Flippin' heck! I'd just about given up on this forum.

I haven't done many miles yet, but nothing has needed changing so far, and people do say that if a component is likely to fail, it'll do so in early on. I'm amazed at how quickly I've gotten used to using this car (10 years of Fiestas, don't forget.....). I'm impressed by the fuel economy it's delivering. It's certainly a Hell of a lot better than the Fiesta in that respect, anyway.

People I work with keep asking where I got the Polo from, though. I have to explain that it's actually a Fox. "So, it's a Polo Fox?", is a common response. Which is ridiculous.

Some idiot i know thought it was a Golf when i pulled up.. :wacko:

Some say it looks like a smaller version of the Golf Plus but stilllllllllll?????

I think that's largely down to the shape of the bonnet. The Fox does seem to be a bit of "parts bin special", lol. If you look at a last generation 3 door Polo in the same colour as your Fox, you can see quite a few similarities.

Btw, I think the CD player is very good. I use that box under the seat to store a couple of wallets full of CDs. Some loud rock drowns out the tyre rumble, anyway!

Still haven't received my roadside assistance card yet. Might give them a call to see what's happening about that. I assumed they'd sent it through the post pronto, but..........

Just went to my local Morrisons to get some rations, and there were three other Foxes in the car park (out of about 30 vehcles in total)! Two the same tornado red as mine, and black one, all 1.2 basic models (I assume so so from the lone 'Fox' badge on the rear, anyway). 2 x 07 reg. + 1 x 06 reg., and one of the red 'uns had the full set of mudflaps fitted, and it looked rather good imo. Common as muck, these cars...........

I've had my 1.4 Urban for a year and a half now and have done 15000 miles in it. Touch wood it has been as good as gold, no issues yet!

It's not a bad run around but i'd prefer something in a 2.5 tdi :shades:

the lone 'Fox' badge on the rear

Thats all mine has and its an urban, looks fresher anyway IMO..

Standard ones have the blatent black plastic bumpers, you'll know what i mean

Saw 3 on the M62 earlier between halifax and castleford..amazed!

Standard ones have the blatent black plastic bumpers, you'll know what i mean

Standard foxes have an option for colour bumpers, which is lucky because they look awful without them, although there are a few black basic ones ive seen to the bumpers blend in.

I think redfox has a standard one but has got the bumper option?

Standard foxes have an option for colour bumpers, which is lucky because they look awful without them, although there are a few black basic ones ive seen to the bumpers blend in.

I think redfox has a standard one but has got the bumper option?

Yeah, mine came with the colour pack fitted for no extra cost (ie colour coded wing mrrors and bumpers), but it's only a £60 option anyway. Doesn't matter much to me, though, because this is supposed to be a basic (almost uilitarian) form of transport. Some people actually prefer grey bumpers, because painted ones can flake over time (my Fiesta was starting to suffer from this).

Must take some new pictures, lol, but I've already posted this one (this was taken about 40 hours after I got the car home from the dealer)

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2001/fo...hesnow40lg5.jpg

Ive not had painted bumpers flaking but grey bumpers are possibly better for a city car as they can pick up a few knocks in carparks and grey doesnt show the marks as much as a scuffed painted bumper!

Looks a load vetter with them painted though.

The car is serviced I am glad it did not cost me anything as they just change the oil and filter as the air filter is 40k miles before it needs changing. No problems other than thursday when I decided to park agents a wall and took 4 chips out my back bumper (only problem with coloured bumpers). I like the car it is faster than you think it will be. (even faster when I put som alloys on it I am a bit slow with the mods :doh: )

Yeah, the acceleration up to about 50 mph is very good, imo, and it pulls strongly enough up hills. Which is fortunate, because I live in a hilly area of the country. Feels a bit light above about 75 mph, mind, although I won't be doing that sort of speed very often anyway. Just reached (approx.) half way point on the fuel gauge from a full tank, and the trip reads 238 miles. 11 gallon tank. 238/5.5 = 43 mpg. Approx., like I say. That's about 9 mpg more than my Fiesta used to do.

Minor niggle:-

I sometimes catch the seat height adjustment handle with my work boot. I'll have to be careful with that. It's only likely to happen if I'm parked where I can't fully open the door.

(even faster when I put som alloys on it I am a bit slow with the mods :doh: )

Really :blink:

Alloys dont make it any faster you know!

Infact, increasing the overal size of the wheel and tyre will make acceleration slower - but top speed a little faster. In theory

I want to have 14" wheels so same size as now but less weight so a bit better economy and slightly faster. They look better than steels as well.

Edited by FLO7LXJ