5 Speed Lupo GTI? - Is there one?

bossjohnc

I'm lusting after a nice 2nd user '51 reg Lupo GTI - looks just like what I want... air con, full winter kit right colour etc.

Dealer is adamant it has a 5 speed box, and he's using it at the moment. Does it sound dodgy, or did VW ever make 5 speed lupo GTIs??

Interesting..............

I never realised that - any idea if the fuel economy is any different?

It's reflex silver (my fave), '51 reg, 15k on the clock, air con, full 'winter pack' (anyone know what goodies that entails?), and interestingly it's got side air bags which *hopefully* I won't have to use smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well I think the side airbags are pretty standard I think, I know mine has them.

I agree silver is the best colour biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

How much are they wanting for it?

They want £8,700 for it - which sounds good to me.

I really wanted `air-con` too after this summer.

I'm getting rid of my '97 (newish style) Passat 20v which really has been nothing but trouble - although when you have an AA extended warranty that's not such a bad thing biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

(New engine @50,000, new front suspension, new power steering pump, new rack, new electronics console, new this, new that etc etc)

I say that, but over the last year it's been 100% reliable, and it's a great runner.

While I was having loads of work done on it VW loaned me a 1ltr lupo - and I've never had soo much fun (although could have done with a little more power!)

I did about 4000 miles in their loan car, and had lots of fun 'skating' on ice too :devil:

Not so sure I'll be doing that with my own GTI, but I'm so sure it's going to be the best car I've ever driven.

Indeed they do, do a 5 speed GTI as yours truly has got one.

Haven't driven a `6-speed` so can't comment on the differences but I'm very impressed with mine. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

£8700 is a good price if that's from a VW stealer. I paid £8700 for mine from a Scooby stealer back in July.

Go for it, you won't regret it.

Well this is my only problem...

It's from a garage - a company I mean, not a private sale. It's been stolen and recovered with no damage.

I live in London, and I have to go to Rochdale to pick it up :0

There are others near me, I've been looking for a while and this is the best I've come across. I can't wait!

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I know I know...

It was advertised as stolen/recovered, so they're being upfront. I've HPId it and it pretty much checks out, but I hear what you're saying.

If anyone's got a silver lupo with air con for sale or knows of one at around that price - let me know!!

It has to be silver 'fraid. I've been patient and I've been waiting around for ages. I would have gone for that 7.5k silver one on autotrader last week, but it didn't have air con.

I'm fussy!

Thing is, I want it to be right. It's the right car, and I'll be happy driving it I think...

I'll be a second user anyway, and I'll keep it under warranty.

Maybe I should wait a while longer?