TDi Information?

Toot

Guys, looking for some info

What year did they stop selling the TDI Arosa?

Also was the TDI ever available in that light duck egg blue colour? And were the TDI's only available with the light grey seats?

I like the 53-54 plate ones as they have a much nicer black trim

Thanks!

The TDi was made until early 2003 i gather, although some ones are later as i think they stood around for a little bit till they were ordered, since its not a popular car.

You mean cannica blue? Yes it was available on the TDi, although you very very rarely see one, there is someone on here with a pale blue TDI, think it might be the only one ive seen.

The light interior is in the earlier ones, from late 2002 - early 2003 (sometime then) They brought out the phase 2 Mk2 with the darker interior. They also got ABS too.

Look on autotrader, the silver one at the bottom has the dark interior.

Not sure what the blue is called but its very pale blue, looks white at first glance! they are quite rare!

I might have to put up with what I can find for reasonable cash then, looks like i'm after one of the rarest ones ever made! lol

Not sure what the blue is called but its very pale blue, looks white at first glance! they are quite rare!

I might have to put up with what I can find for reasonable cash then, looks like i'm after one of the rarest ones ever made! lol

Yeah canica blue.

The thing really is to get the best you can, and worry about its colour later :lol:

Or you will never find the one you want, they do tend to have high miles so one might come up in that colour but it may be really high mileage.

So get the best condition, lowish mileage one you can find. Thats what i did (although it was the colour i wanted too) and its a fantastic car and so cheap to run.

There is only ever a few small number of them on autotrader, and at good prices or low mileage they sell so quickly so you need to be quick if you see one you want! And travel for it too!

Yeah I have noticed. Dont mind travelling to be honest, especially to get the right car.

All the high mileage ones I have seen seem to have really tatty interiors, that light grey holds up pretty poorly if not looked after.

I may give up and just get a 1.4 TDI Polo, much easier to find!

Getting the right TDI is hard and demand for them is increasing given new VED rates and current fuel prices.

I'm been pondering about whether to keep or sell mine as they are cracking cars, and i'll be very sad to see mine go if I do sell it.

I just bought the first one i seen :lol:

Its got GAY grey interior though.... BOOOOO SHAME ON SEAT

Good little motors though!

Snap! They get dirty so quickly and I hate the rain water marks :angry:

But I have to admit the last 18 months of owning my car has been fun and a joy :shades:

Snap! They get dirty so quickly and I hate the rain water marks :angry:

But I have to admit the last 18 months of owning my car has been fun and a joy :shades:

Yep me too.

Although ive got used to my light interior. I try to keep it as clean as i can.

Ive got light grey in my black one and dark in my silver one, kinda goes well really.

I have a canica blue TDI! :P

Its got 63k on it and I think the interior is good. So that must make me a lucky boy!

I actually think the prices of the TDIs might even be going up at the moment. They are certainly holding their value but also seem to be appreciating, especially on forecourts. I still wouldnt sell though, unless it was to buy one on a newer plate with lower miles.

JB

I have a canica blue TDI! :P

Its got 63k on it and I think the interior is good. So that must make me a lucky boy!

I actually think the prices of the TDIs might even be going up at the moment. They are certainly holding their value but also seem to be appreciating, especially on forecourts. I still wouldnt sell though, unless it was to buy one on a newer plate with lower miles.

JB

63K isnt high mileage, if you have a good one then dont change for another.

Ive often seen newer ones with silly low mileage on autotrader and though, hmm id like that, but id never change since i know mine is a really good one and i know it, i know whats been done to it etc.

And i think your right about the prices, they are definitely not going down thats for sure! They never hang around for long either. Very sought after little things.

Don't say that guys please! I got rid of my old mk2 golf which wasn't a gti but had a mint shell for nothing and now good condition non-gti's go for £500 :(

Don't want to make the same mistake again lol

63K is fine, mine's on 58k and i consider that low. In fact at least you know its been used as low mileage diesels aren't necessarily a good thing as I hear most VAG diesel engines don't actually fully bed in until 50-60K.

Edited by g-man85

Mine is on 50,700 miles, just nicely run in then :D I still consider 50K low, for one of these anyway. Id love to own it in 100,000 miles time, just to see how its doing then, but i doubt ill have it still then.

The Mk2 Golf is kind of classic territory now though, i doubt ours will get to being a classic. Would be nice if they went up in value though .....

THats the only one thing I hated about my Tdi was the light colour seats in it, If it was black then it would of been bang on. Tdi 1.4 is nice little runner, FSH should be fine. Just make sure you don't buy one from a boy racer and make sure the camelt has been done :-)